Emby Theater Back Button Missing

tskorick

tskorick

I'm running the latest Emby Theater (Premiere, if that matters) and the back button appears to have disappeared entirely over the last few days.  I'm running the latest client, server, and Java version.

Attached pic is screen cap of the area where I expect to see it.  But nothing.

EmbyProblemBackButtonGone.PNG

Edited by tskorick

tskorick

The screen capture was taken from the main screen for a randomly-chosen motion picture.  The top of the primary image is on the bottom of the screen capture.  To the right would be the description, etc.  The back button, however, is missing from all screens.

Jack Burton

Missing for me too, also the minimize, maximize, close buttons in the top right don't go away

I also get a missing play/pause button which is a little frustrating when you want to.... Erm... Play or pause!

I guess it's all linked to the missing back button.

Will await new version as you say it will resolve itself. (if that's what you mean)

Aussiedroid

Just to chime in, I am also experiencing this issue. Stopped working a couple days back. Other overlays seem to be fine for me but no back button appears when I move the mouse.

Aussiedroid

Can you try restarting the app, and see if the issue persists? thanks !

Since it has happened I have restarted perhaps a dozen times over the week but still no back button is appearing. I also tried reinstalling the latest from the Emby website but no difference :(

• 2 months later...
swhitmore

Hi @@Luke the back button and the play/pause button on Emby Theatre for UWP is vanishing regularly for me.

If your primary input method is a mouse then try setting the display mode to desktop.

swhitmore

If your primary input method is a mouse then try setting the display mode to desktop.

I only use touch for the app. I've tried changing the display mode before, but it changes the UI scale to make everything too small.

swhitmore

Ok, you probably want mobile display mode then.

Unfortunately I don't like the layout of mobile, and the UI is still scaled too small. I'll take a screenshot tonight.

Should the buttons be disappearing regardless of mode though?

In TV mode they will disappear when the mouse idles. When you are sitting 10 ft away with a remote control you don't need a back button on screen.