Alexa not understanding Emby commands

nuttyclarks

nuttyclarks

Yesterday I setup Emby with my Alexa Dots.  Had no issue created Emby connect account and linking to the Alexa.  Problem is that Alexa does not understand me when I say to Open Emby.  She thinks I am saying M. B.  ??

I tried following the wiki article, but do not have any voice training options in my Alexa app?  How do I get this working?

nuttyclarks

It is English US.  I've tried turning down cards 30 times, but every time it's n. b.  or m.b.

Am I not being patient enough... try more?

Edited by nuttyclarks

Angelblue05

Yes, but once she gets it, she'll always get it. She needs to be trained a bit since Emby is not a word. If it helps, try moving closer to the mic when training.

If you are set to English US, you should definitely have access to the voice training in the alexa web app > Settings > Voice training (under Accounts).

Guest asrequested

Yes, but once she gets it, she'll always get it. She needs to be trained a bit since Emby is not a word. If it helps, try moving closer to the mic when training.

That hasn't been my experience. I've had to retrain her, 3 or 4 times. I've just had to do it, again?

Angelblue05

I guess my Alexa likes me then, she always understands me when I say Emby. Never had to retrain. I marked cards negatively and voice trained her a few times and she's been working ever since.

Try using different keywords, start, begin, open...

Did you disable the skill at any point? Are you using English US?

Edited by Angelblue05

Guest asrequested

I guess my Alexa likes me then, she always understands me when I say Emby. Never had to retrain. I marked cards negatively and voice trained her a few times and she's been working ever since.

Try using different keywords, start, begin, open...

Did you disable the skill at any point? Are you using English US?

I've tried all of that. It's weird, I'll train her and she'll be responsive for a long time. Then suddenly, she'll just flip me the bird and forget everything. Sassy b**ch!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's definitely not normal. Anyway, this process is out of my hand, it's handled by Amazon. I'm not sure why she would forget, it has never happened to me. Do you share the Alexa with anyone else?

Edited by Angelblue05

Guest asrequested

No, it's just me. If it happens again, I'll pay more attention to what I might have done to cause it. I'm not really complaining, just thought I'd chime in :)

nuttyclarks

I finally got it to recognize the name emby and ran a few commands successfully.

30 minutes later I tried again, but had to re-train alexa again.  Number of times went down before alexa recognized emby again, hopefully she will get it right the first time after a few more days of training.

• Like 1

nuttyclarks

Never did find voice training.  I am having an issue with ET dropping?  Meaning, when I click the icon in the upper right to see what is online and what player I can choose.  Clients go offline after a period of time and only seem to come back when I logout and log back in...  any way to keep them alive?