[BUG] Multiple versions play failure

ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

I'm further consolidating my library folders thanks to the multiple versions handling. But there seems to be a bug with multiple versions including a 3D file.

I have Doctor Strange both 2D and 3D (as an example). I have Emby Theater set to use MPC-HC as External Player for 3D files.

I have both files in the same folder. Emby Theater shows the "Doctor Strange - 2D.mkv" and the "Doctor Stranger - 3D.mvc.mkv" entries. Emby auto selects the 3D version as the metadata library entry reference, but in the ET UI the 2D is shown as default.

Playing the 3D file works correctly: MPC-HC launches and plays. Playing the 2D version, ET puts up the spinning wheel and hangs.

I've attached logs hopefully relevant.

emby-mpv-log.txt

server-63650966402.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-a831a40e-e13f-4687-8213-d04735ac0606.txt

ShoutingMan

I tried another case: Mad Max Fury Road. In this case, it plays the 2D version fine. But the 3D version doesn't trigger the external player and also plays in 2D in ET.

At present, I gather multiple versions isn't compatible with versions that trigger a mixture of Emby playback and External Player playback.

Edited by ShoutingMan

Try removing the theme .mka and see if that makes a difference. Further, for the second 3d example, make sure it is actually tagged as 3d in emby. thanks.