how often is transcoding-temp cleaned ?

andyblac644

acroninj

I just cleared 400,000 directories and files from the transcode directory last night after most of my docker services crashed when the hard drive was full. The server has been restarted may times, so something is not right. Is there a setting built in that will wipe these out after 24 hours?

Edited by acroninj

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, acroninj said:

I just cleared 400,000 directories last night after most of my docker services crashed when the hard drive was full. The server has been restarted may times, so something is not right. Is there a setting built in that will wipe these out after 24 hours?

No there is no setting for this, only a server restart has some behind the scenes process.  But have never seen or heard of it not work on restart.  I have seen empty directories.  Unless this is a platform specific issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, acroninj said:

I just cleared 400,000 directories and files from the transcode directory last night after most of my docker services crashed when the hard drive was full. The server has been restarted may times, so something is not right. Is there a setting built in that will wipe these out after 24 hours?

@acroninj are you still having an issue with this? Can you please provide an example?

Thanks !

acroninj

My server restarts every night at 4am. Ever since I discovered this issue of the transcode directory not emptying, I try to remember to manually empty it. Attached is what I have stuck in there today after not touching it for a week. Devices used to stream are NVidia Shields, FireSticks, Roku's, PCs, etc.

transcode.JPG

transcode2.JPG

Happy2Play

I know I cannot reproduce Emby not clearing this folder upon restart on Windows.  But at the same time I would expect many more Docker users to have this issue if it were a platform specific issue.  But logs are needed showing those session id.  Not sure this temp folder cleanup is logged at all during a restart.

• 1 month later...