M3U Recording Behaviour

Jibest
Go to solution Solved by Jibest,

Jibest

Hi,

I have a VBox tuner on the network that has two sat tuners.

I have added in the VBox as a m3u in Emby and it can see the channels etc not problem (although it orders by Alphabetic name rather than channel number?).

What I have noticed though is that if I set a recording through Emby it works as expected. While it is in progress if I start a different channel stream on the VBox (through Kodi) it uses the 2nd tuner and does not interfere with the recording (perfect).

If however instead of starting a new channel on the VBox I instead start a 2nd recording through Emby, rather than use the 2nd available tuner it instead stops the initial recording and starts recording the new show instead?

Is this a limitation of using m3u?

Does Emby use UPNP to connect to the channels? I only ask as their is a setting on the VBox to limit 1 channel per UPNP device enabled so i'm wondering if that could be the cause?

Thanks, Jon

• Solution
Jibest

I've solved the issue.When recording I noticed that Emby was accessing the VBox via UPNP (or VBox pushing to Emby).

There is a setting to only allow one UPNP stream to each device by default, once removed Emby was able to record 2 shows at the same time using both tuners :)

• Like 1