Emby Connect Question

pir8radio

pir8radio

So, I'm anti-emby connect....  But I have an alexa device and want to play around with it..    Emby connect will not let me associate my pir8radio user (me) within the emby server, i get the error below:

There was an error adding the Emby Connect account. Have you created an Emby account? Sign up at https://emby.media/connect.

If you're still having an issue, please send an email to apps@ from the email address used with the Emby account.

Any quick ideas? This, WAS working...  I can manually enter my server address in the "Emby Web App" and connect, but that wont add a server to my alexa list... 

I'm going to assume the way emby connect works (i've never been clear on it), but guessing my local emby server grabs my "server ID", grabs my "WAN URL" and sends those to the emby connect servers. Also assuming when I add the "emby connect user name or email" in the user admin section on my server, that sends the user ID to the emby connect servers saying "this user ID is ok to connect to this server ID", are these assumptions correct?   If so then I am not blocking anything that should allow this process to work at the moment. 

pir8radio

I think i found the issue... I do block emby from reaching connect.emby.media    Forgot I did that..   I'm going to PM you Luke....  Another possible issue you may want to look into. 

pir8radio

Can anyone tell me the server address to connect please ive set up acct with password then click on add manually?

You have your own emby server setup already correct?  With your own media on it?