folder vith video disappear TS-469L v.4.3.4.0435

shinobyR

shinobyR

Whats happen:

some of video didn't find information in internet, so i make "recognize" one by one via Imdb No. During this work after a while folder with video - disappear. (about 200Gb)

I try to restore it by special programm, but they find a lot of deleted file for a long life using, but don't find what i'm looking for.

main question is:

why its was, and how to avoid this in future?

(all media gone but it not that imoprtant things that need to wary about. same time there is a lot of home video and photos - and this is so much important, that same situation with it will be like a "end of the world".

why i write here? in that time was no any other using of NAS. There was a free space, no any server things or income connection. it's too strange, because as i understand EMBY not manage media files, but..... 

if You have any decision, solution or experience in such situation - please help.

shinobyR

some addition information that maybe necessary.

1) update of move information take too much time, so i do 3 update same time ( in 3 browser window)
2) the name of disappeared folder is "FILM"

EMBY version is 3.2.60.0

after problem i'm make EMBY off, and unplug one HDD for restore things (RADE Mirror)

shinobyR

It sounds like you used the emby delete function, is that correct?

hard to say. 

before i "found" that TV serials is better to put in "TV" metafolder i made "collection" with 2 of them. later i change folder structure and move all TV to separate folder. then remove this 2 tv series from collection. all work fine.

then i try to find how to remove section "collection" but didn't find. all that i can make - is change where it should be in a row. 

when i make collection - TV series was in folder "FILM". 

so, if "delete function" is what i'm did with 2 TV series (that was not exist on that rout) - then yes, i did't. 

if it mean something else - then i don't know. 

shinobyR

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :unsure:  

2018-01-05 12:37:58.254 Info App: Deleting item, Type: Folder, Name: FILM, Path: /share/Public/FILM

how it possible???

and how is delete something through EMBY?  all delete of media (copy of the same) i made via file commander. in EMBY i see just "delete metainfo". 

shinobyR

here it is.

also some strange things: 

there was some copy of the same move. i check the path of it, then find it in file browser, delete it in file browser, then go to EMBY and make "delete media info" (i'm not sure how it in original in case i use not english version EMBY). i was sure that i delite only thumbnail and mention of this file in media library. i was wrong? in Log - show that i delete a file.

but folder.... how i can delete a folder????

i don't want to do this in future. how to avoid it?

It sounds like you used the "delete media" function. Again I'd need to see the log file to confirm.

shinobyR

i change language of EMBY to english. true - the menue place is "delete media" . I think it's wrong translation: "удалить медиаданные". (russian)

it's give some explanation.

but i still not understand how i delete a whole folder?

is it possible to forbiden delete any file in EMBY?

shinobyR

thank you. 

i find how to disable fiature of deleting.

but i still in confusion how possible to delete a folder. 

all odjects in EMBY - is some kind of media files (avi, jpeg, mp3....). so, a folder can't be as object. right?