"Delete media" bug

computerprep

computerprep

I just ran across something today where I deleted a media item through the Roku delete button, and it seemed to remove the file from the media library. But when a new copy of the same episode appeared in my auto-organize folder, it would not move it. Highlighted it blue as if the file was still there.

So I navigated through the Emby web interface to that series, season, and it said that episode was missing. Upon navigating to the actual folder location, the file I thought was deleted was sitting there as if nothing ever happened.

Folder permissions are all in line, library looks at physical location with network path substitution enabled, but server administrator has full access on both physical and network paths. Deleting the file through Explorer immediately allowed Auto Organize to handle the file.

I checked my logs from earlier, and I can see where this media file was played and stopped and when the new file was first seen in by Auto Organize, but there is no entry in the log for deleting the file. Not sure if there should be... but then again, the episode was listed "missing" after deleting through the Roku.

• 3 weeks later...
KarlDag

I'm having a similar issue.  I have Plex and emby pointing at the same library.  I use Plex for DVR functions, and Emby of course picks up the DVRed files.  Problem is, once I watch them and erase the in Plex, Emby never realizes the files are gone and doesn't erase the entries in its database.  

I have a bunch of TV Shows showing up in my Emby library that don't exist anymore, and even using "delete" from Emby's web interface won't erase them.

Would love to give you logs, but not sure what logs you'd need...

I'm on Win 10, fully updated.

computerprep

@@Luke, just tried my initial experience and cannot replicate the bug. Must have been something going on with permissions on that file.

I run a simultaneous FTP server with some identical media libraries as Emby, so all I can assume is that someone night have between accessing/temp locked that particular file.

@@KarlDag, your problem is definitely different than mine. I'm using the actual Emby app on Roku. Have you run a full library scan? I have full scans set on a schedule, so I recommend trying that. I'm not a Plex user myself, so I can't provide any other help. If the problem persists, please search the forum or start a new thread to give it the attention it deserves.

Edited by computerprep

I'm having a similar issue.  I have Plex and emby pointing at the same library.  I use Plex for DVR functions, and Emby of course picks up the DVRed files.  Problem is, once I watch them and erase the in Plex, Emby never realizes the files are gone and doesn't erase the entries in its database.  

I have a bunch of TV Shows showing up in my Emby library that don't exist anymore, and even using "delete" from Emby's web interface won't erase them.

Yes it will, either with the realtime monitor, or on the next library scan. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.