Library Monitor Error

kanipek
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kanipek

I have been having this error for awhile now, several versions of Emby. I have been "living" with it - a restart of the server clears it up but it really does become annoying, restarting the server is not always a practical solution.

Is there something wrong with my install? The puzzling thing is when it happens there is usually nothing happening that would cause "...Too many changes at once in directory..." no added episodes/films.

2018-01-06 13:01:05.698 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\192.168.1.112\TV Shows\U-Z
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.50.0
    Command line: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 12
    Program data path: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException: Too many changes at once in directory:\\192.168.1.112\TV Shows\U-Z.
    System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException
    No Stack Trace Available

LM.txt

Edited by kanipek

• Solution

The Windows file system monitor has a limit on the number of changes it will handle in a short period of time. there's nothing we can do about it. You can just ignore it because the server will recover from it just fine and continue on.

• Like 2

kanipek

The Windows file system monitor has a limit on the number of changes it will handle in a short period of time. there's nothing we can do about it. You can just ignore it because the server will recover from it just fine and continue on.

Would using NFS change anything?

kanipek

We just shouldn't have log files anymore.

I know these queries from users eat up a lot of your time. Your help is appreciated Luke and everyone.

I don't really get what you mean when you say "the server will recover from it" - Do you mean when it restarts? that is the only way I have been able to get the Library Monitor to function again.

If I can get rid of the problem with NFS that would be great. Can't really justify moving to a true server OS at this point, which I think would solve the problem, or at least make it less frequent.

Anyways I will play with it and see what happens.

Logs are your friend!

Edited by kanipek

• 6 months later...
chudak

I have been having this error for awhile now, several versions of Emby. I have been "living" with it - a restart of the server clears it up but it really does become annoying, restarting the server is not always a practical solution.

Is there something wrong with my install? The puzzling thing is when it happens there is usually nothing happening that would cause "...Too many changes at once in directory..." no added episodes/films.

2018-01-06 13:01:05.698 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\192.168.1.112\TV Shows\U-Z

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.2.50.0

Command line: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll

Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

Processor count: 12

Program data path: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application directory: C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException: Too many changes at once in directory:\\192.168.1.112\TV Shows\U-Z.

System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException

No Stack Trace Available

I am seeing similar issue on ubuntu server.  Have you found any resolution ?

Thx

I am seeing similar issue on ubuntu server.  Have you found any resolution ?

Thx

You're not seeing a similar issue. the message is different and completely unrelated.

• 1 month later...

Digging this one up after googling it. Altough I'm on Synology and not the same message but is this related?

(not doing anything, just letting an initial sync finish)

2018-09-24 09:48:53.802 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume3/Array-7/Filmes (HD3)/Movies
2018-09-24 09:48:53.964 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volumeUSB3/usbshare/Filmes (HD1)/TV Shows
2018-09-24 09:48:54.057 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volumeUSB3/usbshare/Filmes (HD1)/Movies
2018-09-24 09:48:54.333 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume4/Array-4/Filmes (HD11)/TV Shows
2018-09-24 09:48:54.464 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume2/Array-2/Filmes (HD14)/TV Shows
2018-09-24 09:48:54.861 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volumeUSB2/usbshare/Filmes (HD2)/Movies
2018-09-24 09:48:54.962 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume2/Array-2/Filmes (HD14)/Movies
2018-09-24 09:48:55.062 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume4/Array-4/Filmes (HD11)/Movies

2018-09-24 09:48:56.890 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: Starting Library Sync…

2018-09-24 09:48:57.163 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume6/Array-6/Filmes (HD13)/Movies

*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.6.0.46
Command line: /volume6/@appstore/EmbyServerNET/releases/3.6.0.46-beta/EmbyServer.dll -package synology -nocustomffmpeg -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 121
Operating system: Unix 3.10.105.0
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var
Application directory: /volume6/@appstore/EmbyServerNET/releases/3.6.0.46-beta
System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached.

PS:As you can see all other directories throw no errors in the log.

Edited by djhifi

• 1 month later...
chrissi55

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.6.0.46

Command line: /volume6/@appstore/EmbyServerNET/releases/3.6.0.46-beta/EmbyServer.dll -package synology -nocustomffmpeg -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 121

Operating system: Unix 3.10.105.0

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var

Application directory: /volume6/@appstore/EmbyServerNET/releases/3.6.0.46-beta

System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached.

This one -> limit (8192) i had too under emby 3.5.3.0

Many Files and Folders where not found or empty, allthough i had no .ignore file in these folders!

Till today many of my files where not found under ubuntu server 18.04.1 -> with emby 3.5.3.0  because my log file says

System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException: Too many changes at once in directory:/xy/xy/audio/...

But i could get more of my files to show up in Emby Media Server by using following changes

1) sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf

2) at the end of the file enter ->

fs.inotify.max_user_watches=1048576

3) save /etc/sysctl.conf

4) check settings by -> sudo sysctl -p

5) reboot server

That brings up many more files to be scanned in emby media (like under miniDLNA)

But never the less i could not see all my files (audio, ebook, video) in all types the same.

My full error message says:

*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.5.3.0	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb	Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.39	64-Bit OS: True	64-Bit Process: True	User Interactive: True	Processor count: 4	Program data path: /var/lib/emby	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system	System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException: Too many changes at once in directory:/xy/xy/audio/SUBDIR.	System.IO.InternalBufferOverflowException	No Stack Trace Available

That message won't prevent you from seeing content. The only thing it will do is affect the realtime monitor.

Try running a library scan.

chrissi55

Can i do this under ubuntu by terminal command?

I scanned my Libraries more and more without any effect.

That by using the button under the WebUI.

What worked sometimes, was, creating a new folder / subfolder with a dummy file (a audio.mp3 or cover.jpg) and then scan again.

That brings up in some cases more of the folders, that were missing under emby but that exists under file-manager (midnight commander e.g.)

I set my folder and files to emby:users by 

sudo chown -R emby:users /music  /video   /ebook

and i set the files to 777  -> chmod -R 777 ....

As i said in some folders and subfolders that worked for me and brought some aof my missing files under emby media.

But in other cases it didn't work allthough there are no ".igniore" files in these folders.

Could too many missing meta data broke the watchdog or hinder it to index my files?

Edited by chrissi55

If you are running a full library scan and some content isn't showing up, then i think it is best if we look at specific examples of that. thanks.

chrissi55

Thanks for your offer to help :-)

Before i prepare some examples...

What does this mean?

->

Error HttpServer: Could not find handler for /service/recordings/get

I have many of those errors in my log file.

chrissi55

here you are ...

What i found today was a folder with an mp4 file (audio+video) in a library declared as audio / mp3

So i deleted the folder containing the mp4 file and did a rescan of all libraries.

After that all files and folders in that subdir - that was containing the mp4 before become visible under emby.

Is it true that if i add a directory to the emby Libraries i have to define with type of content there will be - so far so good - and that after adding this directory

files could be invisible if they are containing a different type of files?

But in that case i would expect that mp4 files were hidden and mp3 files were not - if i say that Lib XY contains "Music" instead of "Mixed Content" - or not?

Log

Edited by chrissi55

Ok so whoever is sending those requests is requesting urls that don't exist. 

2018-11-24 12:45:03.517 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.55.14:8096/service/recordings/get. UserAgent: Zenterio/0x800D-12.2.4.1-433

I've never heard of Zenterio, so you'll need to consult with them.

chrissi55

In fact that all router ports 8096 and 8920 are closed, the only client that could act lika this is a PS4 with Live TV Support App.

But not clear why this one is looking for that path?

IP and port are well the configured ones of the emby server ...

That request is not coming from an Emby app so i can't answer about why it is doing that. But i would think you can figure it out by finding out what device is on your network with the IP address:

Try disconnecting that device from the network, keep it off, and then you shouldn't see that activity in the emby server log anymore.