Using BSPlayer with Android TV client

kjfnwe43535gfDFDDf

kjfnwe43535gfDFDDf

Hi, is it possible to use BSPlayer Pro with Emby for Android TV as an external player? The only choice I get when the prompt shows up are: VLC and MX Player Pro. I do get BSPlayer Pro as an option when I use the normal Android client.

(the underlying problem is playing 4K content which stops at intervals of approx. 10 secs, works well when using the embycon plugin in Kodi so it shouldn't be related to networking or serverside resources, will send a separate bug report though) 

Thanks

CBers

What device are you playing the 4K content on?

I have a Shield TV and it works fine in the Emby Android TV app.

(the underlying problem is playing 4K content which stops at intervals of approx. 10 secs, 

That sounds like possibly that it is transcoding but just cannot keep up.  We'd need to see the logs to confirm though.

How to Report a Problem

kjfnwe43535gfDFDDf

@bers:

I have a Sony Bravia XD7504.

@ebr:

I think you are right, it seems like I had the "bandwidth" setting set to auto, when I changed it to 100Mbit/s the choppiness disappears... (been messing around with the settings so I forgot to set that one). While looking at the log I noticed that it seems to transcode audio from truehd/ac3 -> 2 channel AAC, why is this? I've set audio to "Direct", shouldn't this mean pass-through audio? 

thanks

While looking at the log I noticed that it seems to transcode audio from truehd/ac3 -> 2 channel AAC, why is this? I've set audio to "Direct", shouldn't this mean pass-through audio? 

That depends on what the TV reports that it supports via the Android system and we'd need to see an app log to determine that (see instructions above).

I should re-label that audio option to "Auto" because that's what it really is.  It detects the capabilities of the device and acts accordingly.

kjfnwe43535gfDFDDf

@@ebr

Ok gotcha. I don't think it's trivial to get passthough working though, had it working in Kodi with some special build (apparently something was changed in the android API, don't know any details). I do want to use the Emby app and have passthrough audio working. I have MX Player (doesn't work with passthrough audio) and BS player which I can't select as an external player in Emby(the original question). Is it possible to force Emby to use this player in any way?

The app doesn't choose the player, the Android system does based on what we are asking it to play.

So, you would need to get BSPlayer to advertise to Android that it can play what we are asking it to, which will be an http stream.