Qnap TS-231P Playback problem

Zmajur

This is my first install of emby. My playback starts and stop after second, or two. Some video sometime is opening, some not from browser or android app. Tried older versions, same things happening. Default Video Station or Plex streaming just fine. I like Emby product, is it possible to make it run.... 

If i use vlc or other players, streaming is just fine...

ffmpeg.txt

server.txt

Hi, this kind of looks like an ffmpeg stall for some reason. Would you mind providing an example ffmpeg log from a working video? thanks !

Thanks for quick respond. Sorry, this is my first NAS and I am complete noob for some things.Where or How I can get the log you required? Is Emby creating log for each streaming, and I just use the working one, example last one...???

Yea you'd get it from the same place you got the last one. There will only be an ffmpeg log if transcoding occurred. Are there any working playback scenarios that involve transcoding?

At this moment, Im playing without problem " Deadpool" but no log after I manualy stop the movie. I will try again....

Sorry, you sad transcoding. Transcoding is disabled in options (Qnap 231p dont support transcoding) , but all movies are 720p rip with 800-1000mb maximum file size. Should I delete ffmpeg path. Is some option for direct streaming or Emby yust use auto option? Sorry if I missunderstund you, and sorry for bad english.,

Ok if you've disabled transcoding then ffmpeg will never be used and everything will just direct play. This is perfectly fine, however, this also means that some videos might be incompatible and your only option will be to either just live with that, or convert them to a format that will play on your devices and web browsers.

Does this answer your question? Thanks.

I hope so, I will investigate differences in movies that are playing or not playing. For now no any log from working movies, only server log. Think ffmpeg is not triggered. Thank you for help, I will try to investigate what causing problem because video station working with all video files without problem. Problem is in me, because I like your Emby product....

Playback issues was on browser, TV android and also smartphone (emby) app. Now I installed older version of qmono and  disabled some apps and features from NAS and Emby for now playing most of files without problem. 

But i have another problem...  Two movies .mp4, one movie subs working without problem another one cant load srt. I encoded srt, named by FAQ, changed many options, nothing.  Only thing I saw difference, movie wit subs showing  <streamdetails> , movie who dosent load subs, have not  <streamdetails>. 

Tommorow I will play with options, check movie details, etc, and report problem.....

What is the filename of the video and the filename of the subtitles? did you run a library scan after adding the video & subtitles?

Now I removed some movies from NAS folder to avoid long scaning. Refreshed stil notihing. Settings are any language, always play subtitles. Scanning library is maded every time after I added more subtites in folder (default, forced)

movie (2008).mp4

movie (2008).hrv.default.srt

movie (2008).hrv.foced.srt

movie (2008).hrv.srt

movie (2008).srt

Tomorow I will play more wit options. If you have some sugestion, please, guide me... thank you.

Refreshed, my mening was re-scanned library and metadata of movie. Today after work, I will start from fresh install again. I will report progress

Thanks.

Finally managed!!!!  This solution is very akward.... Even Im not using transcoding, even I used new version,  eventualy I install OLD version of ffmpeg (3.2.2) so I can manage to save transcoding settings . After, I went to transcoding settings and unchecked options "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" & "Enable throttling", ffpmpeg path leaved empty.  Removed all from library, stoped and started Ffmpeg and Emby services.  I get back video files, scanned library, viola subtitles are now showing....

Ffmpeg must be enabled in Qnap Options even not using transcoding..

Finally managed!!!!  This solution is very akward.... Even Im not using transcoding, even I used new version,  eventualy I install OLD version of ffmpeg (3.2.2) so I can manage to save transcoding settings . After, I went to transcoding settings and unchecked options "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" & "Enable throttling", ffpmpeg path leaved empty.  Removed all from library, stoped and started Ffmpeg and Emby services.  I get back video files, scanned library, viola subtitles are now showing....

Ffmpeg must be enabled in Qnap Options even not using transcoding..

With our new package you will never have to worry about ffmpeg.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to pop in, but how did you manage to install Emby Server on TS-231P? Isn't it ARM based?

Yes you can but you must get installation files (emby+mono+ffmpeg) from Qnap forum.

Qnap Emby

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Edited by Zmajur