recent update caused jittery poster scrolling..

dmtudder

dmtudder

I just updated classic (auto) and the poster display is very jumpy.  Did not do this before.  I am using windows 7. for both client and server.  Just wanted to pass along the info.  I don't know what version, but it's the current one that released 3/11/2014.  

dmtudder

Poster view default theme.. not up to date with terminology, but the scrolling mechanism weather its using mouse or keyboard.  on primary MB display or the poster view of movies/TV whatever.  the display shakes around and doesn't scroll smoothly.  It works properly 5 minutes earlier before update...  

Hope this helps!

Edited by dmtudder

There is no longer a theme called "Default" do you mean Chocolate or Classic?

I'm afraid I also still cannot visualize what "Shakes around" means either.  Is there any way you could make a video of what you are seeing?

• 2 months later...
Scott750

I'm having the same effect when scrolling thru my movies.

Media Browser Classic v3.0.163.0 5-3.2

Media Server v3.0.5238.39498

​I'm using the chocolate theme with coverflow & backdrop view. When using the mouse or keyboard to scroll the movies left or right they do not move smoothly but stutter like the htpc cannot keep up or is bogging while loading the next movie poster image. Tell me a good screen recorder video app and I can try to demonstrate if you need.

My HTPC & server should have plenty of hardware muscle to run perfectly smooth and local LAN is over Gbe router and cat 6 cables.

Specs

HTPC: i5-4670K, Gigabyte z87x-ud3h, Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD, Win7 64-bit OS

Server: i5-3570K, Gigabyte z77x-ud3h, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, WHS2011 with FlexRaid over filesystem, 4-3TB WD Red HDDs

Is it something new or has it always been this way?

If it is new, did your graphic drivers update by any chance?

Non-smooth scrolling would either be from waiting on a resource (like a hard drive to spin up) or your graphics card.

Scott750

It's been this way for the last couple updates. Just never had a chance to look into it.

Scott750

I will add that the jitter occurred when using an i5-3570k w/ hd4000 graphics and also after I upgraded to an i5-4670k w/ HD5000 graphics. So I don't believe it's a cpu/graphics issue.

AdrianW

I'm also experiencing occasional juddery scrolling on my i5 4250U with HD5000 - but I don't see any issues on my i7 with AMD HD7970. 

There was an update to the Intel NUC graphics drivers on May 22 - which I've yet to install, hopefully they'll improve things.

CashMoney

Ditto. Does seem strange that my lowly htpc works fine, yet my gaming PC has the jitter :)

No updates to drivers or anything, only mb3. Couldn't tell you when jitter started as rarely use mb3 on gaming PC.