Emby on Windows Machine

OSBuckeyes4Life

OSBuckeyes4Life

So let me start by saying, THANK YOU for this amazing application!!

Ok so I have been running Emby on my Synology DS1815+ for the last couple of years.  I have had no issues with playback, just sometimes it would max out CPU if I had 2 people watching at the same time.  So I decided to do an upgrade.

I am now running the following for my Emby server -

I reinstalled the Emby server on my PC (3.2.60.0) and I am having an issue playing videos.  It is hit and miss but a lot of them won't play.  Is there a bug or issue with this.  I am trying to stream via web browser and iphone x outside of my home.  Some stuff plays and some stuff does not.  I have tried Nvidia NVENC (experimental), Intel Quick Sync {experimental and just none and nothing seems to work.  Am I doing something wrong?

https://pastebin.com/zzSQtrsQ and   https://pastebin.com/Syar9x3s

Any help would be amazing as this is very disappointing.  I know this computer can handle it.

OSBuckeyes4Life

And to update, when I am at home and I connect via my wireless, it loads on my phone and computer in under a second.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Ok so here is the specifics for each encoding option I have tried:

Nvidia NVENC - Enable Hardware Decoding, everything is selected. Transcoding thread count is Auto, Enable throttling is checked, Transcoding Temporary Path is blank, H264 Encoding is Auto, 264 Encoding CRF is 23, Deinterlacing method is standard, allow extraction on the fly is checked.

Intel Quick Sync all options are same

None all are the same as well.

The file that I tried playing has the following attributes in pic attached:

post-113673-0-65719400-1515104076_thumb.png

OSBuckeyes4Life

Some work, this one takes awhile to load but plays after 10-15 seconds.

OSBuckeyes4Life

So here is what I am using, still nothing, just spins. I am just so confused why it’s not working. I ran this on a crap Windows computer for awhile and had no issues.

post-113673-0-06102800-1515105552_thumb.png

post-113673-0-26823600-1515105575_thumb.png

post-113673-0-11672000-1515105670_thumb.png

post-113673-0-56897500-1515105705_thumb.png

Guest asrequested

Enable Hardware Acceleration. In that section, you'll see enable decoding and 4 check boxes for 4 codecs. Disable that/those. Below that you'll see enable enconding. Keep that enabled. And give that a try.

OSBuckeyes4Life

That actually is working now but it’s taking 30 seconds to load before the movie starts. It has never had an issue like this on old hardware. I just assumed this thing would run it so much faster, now when I am in my home network, it loads in no time.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Yes sir/mam, I will post when I get home and can see more. Thank for everything, just whenever you get to it.

Tur0k

That is a beast machine. Most of the time people leave the power saving features enabled. This isn't a big deal for people who open a browser and go to the Internet. On a system that is running as a server I would recommend disabling these features.

First set power options in control panel to maximum performance.

Second restart the computer and open bios. Disable Intel speedstep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

Guest asrequested

I think there's something else happening. Even with HWA disabled, that CPU should be more than enough to get the job done.

Maybe an upstream issue?

Edited by Doofus

OSBuckeyes4Life

Well I use it for more or yes I would, stupid card costs $919 alone!!! I’m just tired of under perperformance and that was what I wanted for my style.

What is the most confusing about all of this is that I was just running this server on a computer with an i3, 4gb of RAM and just all shit materials around it and it only took about 5 seconds to load, that was bothering me big time so I saved up and just upgraded. That crap computer literally no change.

So I also made a backup and did a restore to this new server, that didn’t work. So I reinstalled it again and no backup. Still issues. The NAS was running the last version and I had no issues, it’s just something with the confit or something.

Guest asrequested

Your new machine is built for gaming. The Alienware may have tweaked the config on a way that's causing issues with this usage.