Cover Art for Emby Theater Not All Displayed

JulesC

Guest asrequested

Windows wants to set it to 300% (recommended)

From memory, it only seems to happen in some places. I'll have to pay more attention to that. It isn't a big issue for me.

Luke, thanks for continuing to look into this.  I'm still experiencing this issue and as a Premiere customer with a Handicapped Son, this outage is a big deal for me as he only knows how to select the movie he wants to watch by selecting the Cover Art image.  For me to have him understand how to scroll down, back up and back down again to navigate over 1,500 movies is way too complex for him. And to be honest, it's very annoying for me as well. (Sorry for venting...thanks for listening).

On my 2 HTPCs running Windows 10 and Emby Theater from the "Windows Store", I can repeat this issue at will.

Please let me know anything you want or need me to test on my end to give you more data to help trouble shoot and solve this problem and I will gladly do it. I just want this to work as expected.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

1. On my HTPCs, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version: 1790, Build: 16299.192
  2. I'm running the latest version of Emby Theater from the Windows Store
  3. I uninstalled this Emby version, but noticed that I never got the option to delete the Cache, etc. like I use to get from the non-Windows Store version.
  4. When you uninstall the Windows Store version of Emby Theater, does it automatically clear the Cache and other settings? If not, could this be part of the "potential" problem?
  5. FYI - I tried downloading & installing the non-Windows Store version of Emby Theater from the Emby Media site, but Windows Defender would NOT permit me to install this version...claiming the file/app is a security risk..with no obvious workaround.  Just wanted to make you aware.

UPDATE 2:

1. Ok, I uninstalled the Emby Theater from the Windows Store on my HTPC
  2. I was able to bypass the Windows Defender Smart Scanning and install Emby Theater from the Emby Media site.
  3. It "appears" the issue is resolved for now.  I'll check again later and apply this same approach to my other HTPC to see if it work there also.
  4. Hoping this problem is resolved in our home...especially for my handicapped son :)
  5. I'll update this post tomorrow.
  6. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help troubleshoot the problem I was experiencing.

UPDATE 3:

1. I followed the steps under "UPDATE 2" for my 2nd Windows 10 HTPC and it resolved the problem I was experiencing with the Cover Art displaying properly here as well.
  2. The problem for my scenario appears to be with the "Emby Theater" from the Windows Store.

I hope this information is helpful for others.  For all that provided their guidance and input, THANK YOU!!!

Edited by JulesC

It may be helpful to know what GPU you have and what your windows desktop scale is set to

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620

Scale and Layout: 150% (Recommended)

FYI - with steps I took under my "UPDATE 2", the issue still appears to be resolved on my Intel NUC (Intel 7th Generation).  I'll try to reapply these same steps on my 2nd HTPC to see if I get the same results.  I'll report back.

Scott310

I'm still seeing this issue on Xbox.  Whats funny is if I go to the all movies alpha picker it will only load 2 rows.  I can scroll and wait forever and nothing but those two rows will show up.  But if I go over to the alpha picker and choose a letter it will only load 2 rows of that letter as well.  If I choose "B" it will only load two rows and if I choose "C" it will only load 2 rows and so on and so on.

cabuckley88

I recently downloaded the Emby Theater app for Windows 10 and I have discovered that the Emby Theater app only loads the images for the first few items on the screen. Once I scroll down to look at more movies, tv shows, episodes, etc all of the images are missing. It shows the title/description of the media but the cover art fails to load. You can see this in the image below. This issue does not occur on Emby in the chrome browser, on my android devices, my iOS devices, or any of my streaming devices. This only happens in the Emby Theater app on Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app with no success. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Please let me know if you need any additional specs or log files to assist in diagnosing this. Thank you!

I am running Emby Server Version 3.2.60.0 on FreeNas 11.

- I do not use the cover art plugin currently, so that is not part of my issue.

For the Emby Theater app:

Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

I noticed someone else is using a 4k display, I also have a 4k display on the laptop I am using, thought that might be relevant.

Edit: thank you for moving my thread to this discussion :)

5a73bfafc28fa_embyissue.jpg

Edited by cabuckley88

cabuckley88

I am also experiencing this exact same issue. I accidentally posted my own thread on the subject before I found this discussion (my bad). Let me know if there is any way I can assist (logs, etc).

• Like 1

cabuckley88

I followed JulesC's suggestion to uninstall the app and install the version from the Emby website. This corrected the issue for me as well. Something is wrong with the version on the Windows Store. 

cabuckley88

Makes sense since it works in the Windows Desktop environment, but not within the Modern UI (Metro) environment. I know the Modern UI has additional restrictions/issues to overcome that the Desktop environment does not have. I'm curious how different the two Emby applications are from one another. Regardless, I'm really glad the desktop app works because I am quite fond of the design (well done!). Thanks Luke for looking into this! :)

Guest asrequested

I'm curious how different the two Emby applications are from one another. 

The UI is the same, but the player is completely different. The desktop app can play almost anything, and can also handle some conversions. Using the desktop app will greatly reduce server dependency. 

docmagic

I have this same issue with ET downloaded from the site rather than the app store. I was running 1080p at 100% now running 4k at 150% and still have the same issue. For me it's no biggie, I scroll past and back up and they appear, just wanted to let you guys know.

I have the same issue, it's only since one of the last or the most recent ET version.

I'm using Windows 10, ET desktop version in 1080p on an AMD APU board (Radeon graphics).

Ciao, Alfred

@@serpi what issue are you having? Thanks.

Missing posters in overview until I scroll back and forth or enter single items.

This mostly happens in a home video folder, but I also have seen it on the new items part of the home screen.

It's just like in the pictures already shown in this thread.

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

This is still pretty bad with the store app. When I first go to all movies, only the first few rows fill in. If you scroll down, then scroll up one row and back down, that row fills in. Also, if you use the alpha picker, they fill in.

• 2 weeks later...
grizlyadams

As per title - if I go into "all movies" (or all tv shows) and scroll down only the first two rows of thumbnails are visible, as I scroll further all I get is empty boxes with movie titles. If I then click on a title and back out to the same place in the movie list, the two rows that are on the screen will have their thumbnails updated, but only those two rows, if I scroll down or up the others are still empty....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

There's a new update rolling out. We'll go back to doing some things using older techniques. See if that helps. 

Guest asrequested

There's a new update rolling out. We'll go back to doing some things using older techniques. See if that helps. 

Seems to be working, so far