Mediabrowser 3 not responding after sleep/awake

bidusfr

bidusfr

Hello,

I got one last issue on my HTPC configuration. I have searched in the forum, and read almost all message around Sleep, awake, turn off, etc... but I did not found any awswer.

My MB3 Serveur and my MBC are running in the same PC.

When I put the PC into sleep (MB3 serveur and MBC classic running) and I awake it less than 10 seconds after, no problem the display goes back to MBC and I can navigate, watch a movie, with no problem

But, if I awake the PC after 10s, I have a Popup message saying that media browser is not responding you will be return to windows media center. I f click OK, I go to Windows media center, then I click on media browser, and i arrived into MBC interface.

Do you know why ? How I can resolve that ?

My MB3 server and MBC are lauched manually trought a scrip when PC start, I can't use the service or sevice delayed option because I have an issue with the network solved with the script where I have a NETUSE to my Nas Network Drive.

Thank you in advance

Bidus

PS: Excuse my poor english, i'm from France

PS2: I can provide a log file if needed

Basically, you can't sleep a machine running WMC - it just will never work reliably.  Google MCEStandby tool and install it and it will shut down and re-start WMC for you on sleep/wake.

mranim8or

I had problems with sleep\wake of my HTPC (I also have the server and MBC running on the same machine).  The problems went away when I did this:

1) Downloaded and installed a small utility called Hibernate Trigger. This lets you automatically run a batch file when the computer goes to sleep (I called mine CloseMBC.bat) and another that runs when the comptuer wakes up (I called mine StartMBC.bat).

2) Then I made ClosMBC.bat.  This is the content of that batch file. The 2nd line closes mbc. The third line closes mpc-hc, (media player home cinema) which is the external player I am using to play mkvs. That way if the computer was in the middle of playing a movie, everything still shuts down ok.

@echo off
taskkill /f /im ehshell.exe /t
taskkill /f /im mpc-hc64.exe /t

3) Then I made StartMBC.bat. The third line is it launching MBC directly (instead of launching WMC first).  I recently added the 2nd line because I was occasionally getting the 'cannot connect to server' message since the server took longer to launch than MBC.

@echo off
timeout 5
call C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}

Hope this helps,

Mike