Have to keep re-enabling emby app

djlfahy

djlfahy

Hi,wonder if you can help??

Have set-up as per instructions. Using release version of emby app on echo. Account linked fine.

However, I have to keep re-enabling the app for it to work with my server. Works fine until next day 

(After shutting down PC), then when i ask "Alexa, start Emby" - the response is "Your Emby server is 

missing in action"  or " Your emby server is unreachable" and I have to re-enable the app in Alexa again.

Any idea why this is happening as its annoying. Works great when enabled though.

Thanks.

Dec

server-63650516240.txt

Angelblue05

Thanks for taking the time to post. That is definitely not normal behavior.

Are you using the US or UK skill? So I can check the Alexa log, thank you.

Usually the message you are getting is because the server address is unreachable. Can you confirm it is not changing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

djlfahy

Using UK skill. How can I tell if server address is changing?? Everything else ie all other Emby apps

work fine so I don't think it's changing.

Thanks for quick reply

Dec

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, I will check the logs in a little bit and let you know if I find anything.

Well you'd know if it was [emoji4]

Essentially, look in your emby dashboard > remote address. It's the same as it was the day before? Otherwise, are you using a domain?

In my case, my ip changes sometimes, I use no-ip to get a free domain name that won't change, but will stay up to date with my changing ip. If the ip address changes and you are not using a domain, that would explain why Alexa can't locate your server the next day.

Edited by Angelblue05

djlfahy

There is a setting on my router to enable DDNS ??? Is this what I need to do??.

I see no-ip listed in there. Will this effect other connections?? Sorry, I'm learning

As I go along.

Thanks,

Dec

Angelblue05

Sorry @@djlfahy

I had to step away unexpectedly.

Let me check the logs and we will go from there.

tanStaafl

I am having a 'similar' problem, but instead of being able to 're-enable' the app, it just doesn't show up in Skills anymore? It worked for a day, then gone. I am using a static IP and a aliased domain (video.mydomain.com). Everything else works fine.

Thanks! 

Angelblue05

I am having a 'similar' problem, but instead of being able to 're-enable' the app, it just doesn't show up in Skills anymore? It worked for a day, then gone. I am using a static IP and a aliased domain (video.mydomain.com). Everything else works fine.

Thanks! 

I'll check the forums about this. This issue existed 2-3 weeks ago. Skills were missing.

Angelblue05

No problem. Appreciate your time.

Do you mind generating a new request on Alexa for me? There's like 10 logs today and I can't find your request. Let me know when it's done.

Angelblue05

Thanks! 

Are you using UK or US?

Angelblue05

Will have to do it tomorrow if that's ok.

No problem, sorry I could not help you immediately. Once you do that tomorrow, please tell me the time you've tried it at so I can find it in the logs tomorrow.

djlfahy

New request generated at 7:03pm "Alexa Start Emby". Also, check the remote (wan) access address on dashboard and it is indeed

different to yesterday. Take it that this is the issue?? Can you tell me what i need to do in order to change this?? will enabling ddns 

on my router do the trick??

Thanks.

Dec

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes that is the issue.

It depends on your setup, sorry I'm not really an expert at these things. I'd say to post on the server forums and people will help you faster than I could.

In my case, I use a free no-ip domain. It's pretty easy to setup, but there may be other ways to do it?

I created a free domain on the site which is directed to my external ip. They have an app that you install, which updates your domain's external ip every time your remote address changes.

Anyway, once you do that, in the server dashboard > advanced > external domain - type in the new domain assigned to your ip. Relink Alexa one last time and it will continue to work every day.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

djlfahy

Thanks guys, must say ye're support is top class. People can't believe Emby when I show it to them and with this app on echo it'll blow their socks off. Really appreciate your time.

• Like 1

djlfahy

Hi guys, my free ddns doesn't seem to work so I've gone down the route of no-ip domain. I've setup the domain, installed the app so what next? Do I need to port forward on my router? Or do I just put the domain name into external wan in Emby? What have you done angelblue?

Angelblue05

@@djlfahy

Does the domain work? Type your no-ip domain + the port reported as your remote address (http://{no-ip domain}:{port}. Does it find your emby server?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

In your browser. ;) I'm asking you to do this so you can validate your no-ip domain is functional and that you can reach your server using it.

Edited by Angelblue05