Delete Recorded TV using Nvidia Shield

bshaf

I just picked up an Nvidia Shield TV to be my primary TV device in my living room and for some reason it doesn't give me the option to delete TV recordings. All of my other devices I either have the garbage can icon or I can select the 3 dots and delete media. I use the same user account on all my devices which has the option enabled to delete recorded TV. I've tried signing out and signing in and the option to delete still isn't there. Reading through the forum it appears no one else has this issue so I'm sure I'm missing an option or something... but I can't figure it out.

PS I have a little buyers remorse on the Shield TV because I have a feeling Nvidia is going to announce a new one next week at CES. I guess their keynote in on Jan 7th... we'll see. 

Vidman

Now that the server finally allows individual settings per library , I recently enabled deleting of my recorded TV folder and have noticed the same thing on my Nvidia shield TVs

I'm not seeing this issue.

Does the detail screen for the recording have a "..." button labeled "More Options"?  The first item in that menu should be "Delete".

Nope. The detail screen gives me 5 options. Play, add to queue, watched, favorite, and 'go to show'. There is no "..." button.

Nope. The detail screen gives me 5 options. Play, add to queue, watched, favorite, and 'go to show'. There is no "..." button.

Then that would indicate the user does not have the proper permission to delete the item.

Be sure it is in the library you think it is and the permissions are correct.

That's what i thought too, but the shield is the only device where there is no delete button. The delete button is present on Emby theater running on windows 10 (both the store app and the standalone), the Android mobile version on my phone, the iOS phone version, and the browser, so I'm pretty sure the permissions are set up correct.

I just tried to delete the library, re-create it, and reassign the permissions but the button wasn't there on the shield. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the Emby app and the button still wasn't there. I'm out of ideas...

Edited by bshaf
  • Like 1

And you are 100% certain the user is the same...

Oh, wait, how about the permission to "Manage Recordings"?  Is that enabled?

Yes.1​00% sure... i only have 1 user and all the devices i listed are signed in with that user.

And yes "Allow Live TV recording management" is checked.

Again, it works fine in all my other devices except the Nvidia shield... so i'm assuming all the server settings are correct.

So just to confirm, you're missing the entire 3-dot button altogether? (this is what is sounds like to me).

Or is the 3-dot button present, but then clicking the delete option isn't there?

Thanks.

Yeah...there is neither a 3 dot button nor a delete button (ie no way to delete recorded tv).

The more i play with the shield and my other devices the more I'm convinced it's an issue with the app on the Shield. My $0.02.

• Like 1

@CBers​ Yes. I had the same thought. I did that as well as delete and re-create the recorded TV library. Take a look at post #11. 

​I appears the beta version fixes the issue. I updated to version 1.5.32g and confirmed that i now have a "3 dot" button and when i press it there is an option to delete. 

As a check, i then went back to the public release (version 1.5.22) and confirmed the option is no longer there.

Thanks @@ebr and everyone else for the help. I think i will switch back to the public release to ensure i have stability.

Edited by bshaf

What was the issue?

Or rather what resolved the issue?

It was checking it based on our older api conventions.