【need help】How Emby auto generate a thumbnail for folder in a picture library?

CatSama

CatSama
I want to know the rules of  folder's thumbnails.

I have some manga folder in emby's picture library. And the first picture in every folder is the cover.

I don't want to named the first picture by "cover" ,because if I did this, the picture will be ignored by emby.

Most of time, emby will auto generate a thumbnail with the first picture in every folder.

But now I found sometimes  emby use the  second picture instead of the first.

So I want to know how Emby auto generate a  thumbnail for folder in a picture library?

How to make sure Emby use the first picture as the folder's thumbnail?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

And I found that if I have a picture named "A.jpg",and it has a metadata of title "B".

So when I put this picture in a picture library, emby will scan it's metadata and named this picture by "B".

But the problem is,

now I deleted the metadata of this picture,and choose “Refresh metadata”,the picture still named by "B".

even I choose "edit info" and change the title from "B" to "A", then I refresh this picture, the name back to "B".

How to fix this ?  I tried to delete the cache folder,but it doesn't work.

It also happend in some audio, I changed some audio's embedded image and "Refresh metadata",but it still display the old image.

Edited by CatSama

Hi, yes i can see why it might sometimes not use the first image. this will be resolved for the next release, thanks.

CatSama

Hi, yes i can see why it might sometimes not use the first image. this will be resolved for the next release, thanks.

OK,thanks.

And any advice about the metadata problem?

For photos everything currently comes from file names + embedded metadata. I personally would suggest updating that. We should remove the edit field in Emby...but I do think it would be nice down the road if we could allow editing the name and update the embedded metadata.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Luke

Hi, it seems like the problem was fixed in 3.2.60.9 ? I'm not sure,but anyway, it still happend in 3.2.60.13 now, will it be  fully fixed soon? Thanks.

Edited by CatSama

• 2 weeks later...

@@CatSama, actually i think the answer has been in front of us the whole time.

If you edit the title of a photo, then you need to lock the Name field to prevent your edits from being lost when you Refresh.

For the next release, we'll make sure the photo metadata refresh will respect the Name lock.

Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks !

@@CatSama, actually i think the answer has been in front of us the whole time.

If you edit the title of a photo, then you need to lock the Name field to prevent your edits from being lost when you Refresh.

For the next release, we'll make sure the photo metadata refresh will respect the Name lock.

Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks !

OK, got that. But I more care about the first question——"Emby doesn't use the first picture as the folder's thumbnail" , this problem still happend in 3.2.70.3

Edited by CatSama

Right, that's different, you have another open topic about that so we'll discuss that there. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...