UK Skill not starting TV Shows

VinceMarsters

VinceMarsters

I've just managed to get Alexa linked to my Emby account (found the time to sort out the remote access side) and have problems playing TV shows. Alexa is understanding the show (I have tried a few different ones) and the Alexa app shows the show as playing but nothing starts on Emby, If I play a movie though, it starts correctly and plays as expected.

I am using the UK skill with UK English (I suspect beta as it shows a devUS on the icon) and have tried removing and relinking my account.

An example, I asked 'Alexa, ask Emby to play The Equalizer Hand and Glove'. This prompted me to choose the show and then nothing happened in Emby but the Alexa app shows the show as currently playing.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to start troubleshooting this one please?

Edited by VinceMarsters

VinceMarsters

Let me check the logs. Did you get an error from Alexa?

No, Alexa asked 'what next' but nothing else. This is the same response I got from starting a movie successfully.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm not seeing an issue in Alexa. Seems correct.

{'url': u'{server}/emby/Sessions/2e78e3e2ea9765c44f625e7690f3d181/Playing', 'type': 'POST', 'json': None, 'params': {'PlayCommand': 'PlayNow', 'ItemIds': u'505cd57da685586474432a082f7bd7c6', 'StartPositionTicks': 0}}

Can you test from the webclient using Play to and selecting the same player, trying to play that same episode (The Equalizer: S2, E21)? Does it starts?

@@Luke

Does the request from Alexa look ok? I remember you telling us that was being changed a bit.

Edited by Angelblue05

VinceMarsters

I'm not seeing an issue in Alexa. Seems correct.

{'url': u'{server}/emby/Sessions/2e78e3e2ea9765c44f625e7690f3d181/Playing', 'type': 'POST', 'json': None, 'params': {'PlayCommand': 'PlayNow', 'ItemIds': u'505cd57da685586474432a082f7bd7c6', 'StartPositionTicks': 0}}

Can you test from the webclient using Play to and selecting the same player, trying to play that same episode (The Equalizer: S2, E21)? Does it starts?

Not tried that before but no it won't play when using play to either, so the problem is obviously not with the Alexa integration but elsewhere. Thanks for looking into this for me.

• Like 1