Emby Cloud Sync

cassete

Hello, how are you,

I'm new to emby. and today I signed premium. I installed, configured and everything is legal, great and far superior to the plex, congratulations. I was able to send a small video file to the cloud (dropbox), but I am not able to play this file from that created server. I have already accessed the dropbox and the file is la, but how do I play it from my pc or smartphone. Can someone guide me, please?

Marcelo / Brazil.

legallink

You have to add the folder as part of a library. Create a library first, add the file location to that library then play from an end client

cassete

Thank you. yes, I did that, I created the library, and then I clicked on DOWNLOAD, and started the transfer with 100% cineflex
2 items
Downloaded 100%
my library created in the dropbox was cineflex, the movies are there inside the folders created by the emby. but I can not see an option to play them in the cloud, nor does my smartphone appear sync or cloud sync option ... is it something in the dropbox or something that is doing wrong in EMBY. I would like you to help me, because I just deactivated my subscription with PLEX, after 2 years .. thanks for your attention, I wait .... Marcelo / Brazil.

cassete

Hi, this is an image of the structure created by emby in the dropbox. my server calls mediaflex, and when creating the linked account emby> dropbox> cineflex ok. It will help this information ....

PS I'm not seeing an editor option to attach image to send, have some option here ... to send the image to you ..

Edited by cassete

cassete

Legallink, I see here, that library that was sent the movies are already synchronized and this ... when playing those movies are already in the cloud ...

Legallink, I see here, that library that was sent the movies are already synchronized and this ... when playing those movies are already in the cloud ...

cassete

I can individually send the movies I want ... to synchronize ...

I can individually send the movies I want ... to synchronize ...

cassete

Hi, I am playing the movie on my smartphone, but when I turn off my server it does not play anymore. if the movies are in the cloud, because it does not reproduce ... this is very complicated the emby ....

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your issues. I would suggest checking out our cloud sync wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Sync

The cloud synced content is not displayed separately. This is how it works:

When content is archived in multiple resolutions, Emby apps will automatically choose the version that is most efficient for them. This will help relieve stress on your internet connection as well as your server's CPU. Apps will browse the content through your Emby Server as normal, but will stream from the cloud during playback.

It sounds like you're looking for standalone cloud libraries, which is something we don't support today but it's possible for the future. Thanks !

cassete

Hello luke thanks for helping. Good, I think I understand, everything that is synchronized in nunvem, for me nothing is shown on the server. but when I go to reproduce this file, it is the cloud that is transmitted. it is. but need to be connected my PC, ourcomo to access outside my network this file .... there is some video explaining this, I looked at youtube and I did not see anything about it ... it can help ... Thanks.

Hello luke thanks for helping. Good, I think I understand, everything that is synchronized in nunvem, for me nothing is shown on the server. but when I go to reproduce this file, it is the cloud that is transmitted. it is. but need to be connected my PC, ourcomo to access outside my network this file .... there is some video explaining this, I looked at youtube and I did not see anything about it ... it can help ... Thanks.

cassete

It's ok. for me to watch from the cloud, need my PC to be connected. and to play outside my network. It's by emby connect ... select server ...

• 3 months later...
t34wrj

Good morning

I'm trying to work out how the Sync to the cloud function actually works in practice, having read the above posts and the Wiki. I think my query can be illustrated by the below example:

I managed to sync a TV show to a cloud storage folder using the Emby web app. When I was able to access my Emby server remotely using my mobile data connection, I played the TV episode as normal. On the basis that the upload speed of my home broadband is useless, which makes watching anything on Emby pointless unless I'm on the same local network, I would have thought that the TV episode would have been played from the cloud. However, the speed and quality of playback suggested that it was still trying to play the file from the server.

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

Good morning

I'm trying to work out how the Sync to the cloud function actually works in practice, having read the above posts and the Wiki. I think my query can be illustrated by the below example:

I managed to sync a TV show to a cloud storage folder using the Emby web app. When I was able to access my Emby server remotely using my mobile data connection, I played the TV episode as normal. On the basis that the upload speed of my home broadband is useless, which makes watching anything on Emby pointless unless I'm on the same local network, I would have thought that the TV episode would have been played from the cloud. However, the speed and quality of playback suggested that it was still trying to play the file from the server.

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

Hi, there is an issue with this with the current release of Emby Server. We are working on resolving this for the upcoming new release. Thanks.