Playback problems after moving to Linux

RemeJuan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

RemeJuan

I finally had the time to ditch windows and went with Lubuntu for maximum resource availability for the crappy laptop that is my media server, now everything worked flawlessly when I was on windows, perfect direct playback of all media, but now I am getting 720p files being transcoded and SD files with timeout issues.

I have played around with the transcoding setting to try and somewhat nuke the quality to get better playback to no avail.

I have attached the server logs and the ffmpeg logs for the files tested, these are both files that worked previously before what I assumed was an upgrade, guess I really should not have fixed what was not broken...

The first ffmpeg log is for the 720p file, which is being transcoded as max bitrate exceeds limit, the android device is set on auto.

Second fiel is an SD file and on the android TV I am getting Volleyerror timeouts.

server-log.txt

ffmpeg-log.txt

ffmpeg-log-2.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

server-log.txt

Edited by RemeJuan

RemeJuan

Hi, what made you pick this installation method? If you follow the instructions on our website, we have a whole new process for 64-bit linux:

https://emby.media/download.html

Thanks.

Google, although it is impressive that you can tell what my installation method was, good logs. Will start over and see how it works.

That fixes it,and makes absolutely no sense as to why, but it works so all good, thanks

Edited by RemeJuan