Vbox Compatibility

Jibest

What I mean is that emby does not support it directly, but one of the live TV plugins might.

For example if you're on windows you might try nextpvr because it might support it.

Ah I see. I was using NextPVR previously but want to move the Live Tv off the Server and have it completely separate. I'm looking at the M3U options as there appears to be a M3U url provided from the Vbox.

Should that work in theory?

Thanks, i've got it setup now and everything is ok except I cannot play the stream through the Emby Mobile app on my S7. It plays fine through a web browser on the server though?

I click to play the channel and it appears to be opening (black screen) but then nothing happens? I did only upgrade to Premiere a few days ago but I presume you still use the same mobile app?

Ok, a couple options. First, if you don't mind a little experimentation, then your feedback on how it works with this version would be helpful:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53753-emby-for-android-libmpv-testing/

Otherwise we can troubleshoot based on the current version of the app, in which case please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log. you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Jibest

Hi,

I tried the experimental app but the issue remained (no playback of live tv stream). I then installed the regular app and it started to work (tested two or three times).

Today I tried again and the streams will not play again? Here are the logs as requested.

Thanks, Jon

Emby Logs.zip

@@Jibest, are those ffmpeg logs from when it successfully played, or are those related to the failures? you may want to repeat the scenario and provide a new set of logs so that we can reduce the amount of information in the log files. thanks !

Jibest

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I've included new logs but the strange thing is that the ffmpeg log does not seem to be collecting anything if the modified date\time is to be believed. I started the testing at 10:21am for about 3-4 minutes testing three different channels (all sat on a black screen).

The modified date of the ffmpeg log shows 10:12am?

EmbyLogs.zip

Ok at this point because we're working on a new video player for the app, it's not worth troubleshooting the current release version. We'll hopefully have the new version on the beta channel soon. Thanks.