No Audio v2.9.6 Web download

kanipek
Go to solution Solved by kanipek,

Guest asrequested

I will probably do that in the future, After I move the shield I am currently using.

What is the command to get it to spit out a list of audio devices ?

From the command line, you can use this

--audio-device=help

Or if you enable logging, generate a log, the device will be in there. Like this

[ao] Trying audio driver 'wasapi'
[   0.173][v][ao] Using preferred device 'SC-95 (Intel(R) Display Audio)'
[   0.173][v][ao/wasapi] requested format: 48000 Hz, stereo channels, spdif-ac3
[   0.173][d][ao/wasapi] Init wasapi
[   0.173][d][ao/wasapi] Find device 'SC-95 (Intel(R) Display Audio)'
[   0.174][v][ao/wasapi] Selecting device by name: 'SC-95 (Intel(R) Display Audio)'
[   0.174][v][ao/wasapi] Selecting device '{ae916b2b-6e93-4676-b99b-9152070302f7}' (SC-95 (Intel(R) Display Audio))

kanipek

--audio-device=help

Does not work for me. what directory should I be in?

C:\Users\kanip\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv is where I am trying from

kanipek

You have open a command prompt in the folder where the mpv.exe is. Then type, mpv --audio-device=help

It's easier to look in your logs.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-enable-mpv-logging-for-theater/

Okay. Got it.

I see what you are talking about with things changing compared to one I ran from September.

So the better way to do the mpv.conf (when I get around to it) would be:--audio-device=wasapi/Speakers (JBL Charge 2+ Stereo)  ?

Guest asrequested

You can leave off the the dashes, and as long as that is the device name mpv uses, that's correct.

audio-device=wasapi/Speakers (JBL Charge 2+ Stereo)

If your speakers are analogue, and you use the jack, then you'll be using the internal audio device (probably Realtek). Like I said, enable logging, and it'll tell you exactly what the device name is.

• Like 1

kanipek

You can leave off the the dashes, and as long as that is the device name mpv uses, that's correct.

audio-device=wasapi/Speakers (JBL Charge 2+ Stereo)

If your speakers are analogue, and you use the jack, then you'll be using the internal audio device (probably Realtek). Like I said, enable logging, and it'll tell you exactly what the device name is.

Thanks so much!