remove duplicate episodes

mchahn

My source of TV episodes delivers a lot of duplicates, i.e. the same episode in different files.  I would really appreciate any way to find and remove duplicates.  For extra credit it could choose which to keep based on preferences for bitrate, file size, etc.

mastrmind11

Well, if you're using Emby to record episodes, there's already a means to do this.  If you're receiving your episodes via a newsgroup sub, then nzbget and sab+ already have the ability to not download dupes. The torrent world also has those facilities in place.  So I'd look a bit deeper into what you're trying to accomplish and by which channels and utilities.

Unfortunately I can't figure out a way to control my source of episodes to avoid dupes.

If someone wrote a plugin they would need to use the .nfo files to exactly match episodes, right?  Writing a plug-in would be more work than I have time for, and .net is not my favorite programming environment.   I've considered writing my own node script reading the .nfo files directly, but then others couldn't use it easily.  Oh well ...

Thanks for the reply.

In the future we plan to support merging them into a single entry which I think will make things easier, thanks.

• 4 months later...
Esme

I know this is an older topic, but i'm having the same issues, i have so many duplicates and deleting them one by one is, to say the least, kind of annoying, any fix for this?

Well "fix" makes it sound like we've done something wrong. I think what you are asking for is better reporting for this type of thing and that's possible for the future. Thanks.