Emby still crashing with DTS audio media

densma

Emby andriod TV on Nvidia Shield just won't work right. Any media file with DTS audio will end up crashing the app. This is all direct play and it starts playing  and then along the way.. play/pause and crashed. I don't use any receiver.. just direct to my TV which support DTS. Andriod mobile app handles it well with no crash  but just cant navigate with it. AAC audio plays fine with no issue. i think Dolby digital works too

is there a crash log i can send?  i just have recent crashes. i will like to fix this. I have time to look at it this  and send additional info needed.

I can confirm that Android TV Shield + TV + Emby can play DTS directly to TV.  In my case the TV is a Vizio which I set to Audio Automatic.

I can confirm that Android TV Shield + TV + Emby can play DTS directly to TV.  In my case the TV is a Vizio which I set to Audio Automatic.

do you know if your audio include DTS lossless? DTS-HD MA

Now testing media files with DTS core only to see if i have seem issue. All issues seem from DTS-HD MA files. seem like Andriod TV app unable to extract DTS core sound maybe

do you know if your audio include DTS lossless? DTS-HD MA

@ Densma..  Neither my TV nor AVR go past DTS so I cannot test.  When I try to play DTS-HD, Emby will transcode the audio.

So what I do is simply convert my DTS-HD media down to DTS so it plays without transcode.  

@ Densma..  Neither my TV nor AVR go past DTS so I cannot test.  When I try to play DTS-HD, Emby will transcode the audio.

So what I do is simply convert my DTS-HD media down to DTS so it plays without transcode.  

my audio includes both DTS core and DTS-HD. It should automatically detect and use DTS core. I change my TV setting from auto detect to DTS, D+, DOLBY will run more test and see.

my audio includes both DTS core and DTS-HD. It should automatically detect and use DTS core. I change my TV setting from auto detect to DTS, D+, DOLBY will run more test and see.

This all depends on what the TV is reporting back to the Shield/Emby so it can decide to bitstream or transcode.

This is why it is important that you upload your logs so we can see what the Shield/Emby is doing.

Now testing media files with DTS core only to see if i have seem issue. All issues seem from DTS-HD MA files. seem like Andriod TV app unable to extract DTS core sound maybe

The app isn't responsible for extracting the core out of DTS-HD - the receiving equipment is.

If your equipment reports support for DTS then we also pass DTS-HD on through because it is supposed to be backwards compatible.

We need to see specific information this issue to diagnose further.

Thanks.