Live TV Frozen upon playback

stratumorien

stratumorien

Live TV starts up as a still frame and remains 'Frozen' upon playback for many minutes. In some instances it will eventually start playback if considerable time is given (many minutes). This has been an issue for many days now.

It is now transcoding where previously it always direct played

Logs are attached... I have also  uploaded logs from the Shield client (android TV) at 9:40am Easter US time under the username 'TV'

Thanks and hope your holidays were awesome!

Bri

Log.txt

transcode.txt

stratumorien

For a few days now live TV is frozen (still frame) with no audio upon playback on my nVidia Shield. Previously it would direct play from my HD HomeRun but now is transcoding? I posted in the Synology section and also here as I am unsure if it is a client or server issue.

Logs were uploaded from client at 9:40 (6 min ago) under the local emby account 'TV'

Thanks for you help and happy holidays

Brian

stratumorien

I haven't tried to seek but will attempt now.

Brian

Edited by stratumorien

It is transcoding because the attempt to direct stream it failed.

I'm interested in the answer to my question in your other post though...

stratumorien

@ebr 

Yes... if I start playback it appears that the seek bar goes to the far right as if it is done playing immediately. If i hit rewind (left arrow on d-pad) it begins playback. 

stratumorien

I do not use the beta but can sign up for it. I generally avoid as my family prefers the stability of the release versions.

stratumorien

@@ebr

The app updated to .24g and now live TV will not playback at all. It revert to error message about not finding a tuner now.

log uploaded

Edited by stratumorien

Wait a few minutes then force another update to get .25 and try again.  If that still fails, please post the server and ffmpeg logs.  Thanks.

stratumorien

@@ebr

Updated and still throwing the same error when playback of Live TV is initiated. I get a frame briefly before it quits playback. Client logs are uploaded and attached are server logs. There was no transcode log.

Log.txt

stratumorien

I didn't want to bugg... But is this functioning as expected? Any confirmation of a true playback issue to be resolved in future release?

I appreciate any follow-up to close the loop.

Happy new year

Bri

• 2 weeks later...
stratumorien

I run Emby server on my Synology NAS and updates are sometimes significantly delayed compared to windows. As with the clients I also shy from beta's for stability as my family relies on it for all entertainment

Jennice

Hi all, I am considering a shield or Fire TV as player, leaving the transcoding to my Win10 pc.

Are the issues discussed here related to server or client side? My server seems to run fine, so it it's a Synology server issue, I am not affected.:)

stratumorien

Apart from this recent issue that was resolved through a config/option change, my shield has been and great client for Emby. I have tried a fire TV stick and wasn't too happy with it's performance.

Playback on other clients did not have this issue (win10 Emby theatre or chrome browser) so maybe restricted to Android TV app

Jennice

Apart from this recent issue that was resolved through a config/option change, my shield has been and great client for Emby. I have tried a fire TV stick and wasn't too happy with it's performance.

Playback on other clients did not have this issue (win10 Emby theatre or chrome browser) so maybe restricted to Android TV app

Which config settings did the trick in the Shield?