Help needed with Parental Controls

mwkurt
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hello,

I have Emby Server on a Windows 7 Machine and Emby for Kodi on a, Nvidia Shield. I have tried to set the parental controls for the Shield from my Emby Server machine without any luck. The setting doesn't seem to take effect on the Shield and I still see TV shows and Movies that the little ones probably shouldn't.

I have tried shutting down Emby-Server and deleting the U.S ratings text file and restarting Emby-Server. I have tried to refresh all Meta Data and still no luck.

Any help in troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by mwkurt

Hi @@mwkurt.  Emby's parental controls are user-based.  So you set the parental limit for a particular user and then, whenever logged in as that user, those limits will be applied.

So, you will have to configure your Kodi setup to use the proper Emby user.

Moving over there for the right eyes...

Hello,

That, I thought, was what I was doing. I set the parental controls of the user, in this case the Shield in the kids room, from my Emby Server. Not quite sure what you mean when you say "you will have to configure your Kodi setup to use the proper Emby user." Are there settings within Kodi that I need to fiddle with as well as the Parental Controls within Emby Server?

Thanks,

Mark

Your Shield is a device, not a user...

When you setup Kodi to work with Emby, you tell it which Emby user to connect as I believe but I'm not that familiar with the process.  One of the Kodi guys will be able to help you out though.

Thanks.

I think that we are having a lack of communication. :-)

I do have a user attached to the Shield Device and that is what I am trying to set the Parental Controls on. Here are the users I have connected to Emby Server:

5a43c7129a4aa_Users.jpg

I am setting the Parental Controls on the user "Shield_Kidsroom", and they do not take effect.

5a43c769d4e28_user.jpg

5a43c79bb9b53_Capture.jpg

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@mwkurt

Run a manual sync in the kodi profile that contains content you've filtered out. Since content is not actually removed from server, just hidden, there's no server event triggered to update the Kodi database. A manual sync should do it tho (launch the emby add-on > manual sync). Then it should be fine moving forward.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1