.PNG Pictures no longer supported in version 3.2.60.0?

JBL

Hi Everyone, 

I have a bunch of family/friends related photos that're savee in .PNG and .JPG formats. 

Since upgrading the server version to 3.2.60.0, none of the photos in .PNG format are visible via any client (web, Emby Theater, Ember...). 

The photos appear in the library view, but when actually attempting to view them they're just black rectangles. 

The photos that're in .JPG format appear normally. 

Does anyone know if .PNG support was dropped from 3.2.60.0? 

I can provide more info if needed.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem.  But NO actual pictures show in the Windows 10 Edge browser, or my Nvidia shield app.  I see the thumbnails for the folders, but not thumbnails for the individual pictures.  Clicking on one, I can't bring up any individual picture.  Neither JPG or PNG.  This seems recent, but not totally certain it started with the last update.

Thanks

Don

I have a similar problem.  But NO actual pictures show in the Windows 10 Edge browser, or my Nvidia shield app.  I see the thumbnails for the folders, but not thumbnails for the individual pictures.  Clicking on one, I can't bring up any individual picture.  Neither JPG or PNG.  This seems recent, but not totally certain it started with the last update.

Thanks

Don

hi @@djones, we're sorry to hear about this. can you please attach the emby server log from one of these attempts? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

Here is a log just after I attempted to look at photos on the Edge browser interface (same PC as the server is on.)

Thanks,

Don Jones

Log.txt

Luke, my apologies, it looks like the pictures I thought were PNG were actually JPG.  For a test, I moved a small PNG into one of my photo folders and it displayed fine using the browser interface.

The JPGs are definitely NOT displaying anywhere.  I've attached a zip of one of the photos in the folder that the previous log tried to look at.

Thanks,

Don

IMG_0315.zip

ok. I've initially observed the same behavior. Performing a manual refresh of the containing folder resolves the issue,so I'm looking into why that's happening on the initial import. thanks.

actually i may have been wrong about that. once the library scan completed the photo was showing no problem.

what i would suggest doing is performing a refresh on a parent folder, and then for new images going forward let's see if it happens again. thanks.

Luke,

I tried a simple refresh, but didn't see any immediate difference.  I then tried simply removing the photo library, and then added it right back in.  Pictures displaying OK now.

Thanks for yours and the others work on a great project.

Don