Debian 9 adding folders

morpheus1
Go to solution Solved by morpheus1,

morpheus1

Hello sir Luke,

We have been here before and I don't know whether it's moving from 8 to 9 of Debian that's the problem.

It's a fresh install.

All I want to do is add folders to the library. I am not trying to add files via a network. This is NOT via a network. The hard drives with files are plugged in the computer and mounted via fstab automatically. Finally got that.

They're mounted at /media/USERNAME/movies1/MOVIES1

When I browse to this location with ebmy, / /media /USERNAME

Like so: /media/USERNAME

And then emby's browse-box turns red and wont' allow me to proceed further

So I copied and pasted /media/USERNAME

And it allowed me to hit "OK" but as you see, that's not the complete path and so no files were added to the library.

Your help will be greatly appreciated....as I sit here and wait.

Thanks for the feedback. To others reading that means emby did not have permission to see the folders. Thanks.

morpheus1

Thanks for the feedback. To others reading that means emby did not have permission to see the folders. Thanks.

Sir Luke, are you kidding me? No, thanks to YOU! And each time I'm given the chance to say it, I will repeat; there hasn't been a project developer out there that I've seen with as much respect and care shown to those who use their programs until you showed up, in my world anyway. You're an exception on this. And if you were not a programmer, you'd do great in customer service. So, again, thanks to you indeed!

And yes, to the problem, I sat and thought for a while about the nature of the problem. And decided that it could be a permission issue. And how is that fixed in Debian, well, the result is above here.

Thanks, Sir Luke. As I type this, people are enjoying your work. And a Happy Christmas to you and yours! Many thanks.