(Feature Request) Sync Hours & Offline Sync

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

Two part,

Part one, I have a user that is on limited connection. Can we get an option so the TV app can have offline sync.

Part two, This part applies to both tv and mobile, but an option to set hours that it will sync offline files.

Hi.  Offline sync for this app is a possibility for the future.

However, if your user's connection is not fast enough to play back content reliably, it probably won't be able to download it very well either.  What kind of connection are we talking about here?

ThermoDust

Satellite. That's why they want the option for offline, daytime bandwidth is limited. At night it is unlimited. They want to choose shows to download only while asleep. So they can watch during day.

It would nice to sync movies to Google Drive only in evening.

That would not be related to this request as that is cloud sync not device downloads.

AgileHumor

That would not be related to this request as that is cloud sync not device downloads.

I'm discussing the scheduled task "Cloud and Folder Sync".

I guess based on your comment, that devices can do their own sync independent of that sever task (post convert media).

In that case, maybe changing the task start time to the evening...and the max task duration for like 8 to 10 hours. Hopefully it won't mess up whatever file it was converting.

Since device sync doesn't use the server scheduled task...it shouldn't mess my daughter's tablet sync.