Having real trouble with Emby Server

tre4b

Hi there,

Emby has been a bit spotty on Qnap for a bit for me and lately, I tried it again today and it was not working.  I get a screen with a circle going around and round and no response from anything.  I would have posted logs however without being able to get into the admin menu I can't remember where they are!  If you can point me at them I will post them.  I did discover the release of .60 so I loaded that, alas it did not resolve the issue.

I have been waiting for the new Qnap build to reach maturity, that said I have issues with the existing one so maybe now is the time to transition anyway?

I realise this morning that I rarely access Emby because I'm never sure if it will work or not.   That is a shame as it is excellent when it is working.  I tend to blame the issues on the HDHomerun though and we watch little broadcast TV nowadays as a result.  We don't miss it though.   If I can't get Emby going long enough to play Elf though I may not make it through Christmas in one piece ;-)

The logs for the community version are at /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/ProgramData-Server/logs/ noting that the /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA part of the path may be different on your system, to check what it should be run this command.

getcfg SHARE_DEF defVolMP -f /etc/config/def_share.info