3.2.60.0 Update fails

zebo51
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Logs showing it is failing on extracting.  Attached a few log files.  Please help.  

Thanks

EDIT:   Should have mentioned I was going from 3.2.36 to 3.2.60.  Running windows 10 build 1703 (15063.726).  Had all critical/important updates.  

From posts following I did the following:

1.  Downloaded update from website

2.  Stopped/shutdown emby server

3.  Ran setup.exe file

4.  It started emby, but when I opened it up it still wanted another restart

5.  Restarted emby and now shows new version and says up to date.

6.  Disabled automatic update (I hate that this gets enabled each time)

Thanks Luke for the suggestion.

app-update.log

Edited by zebo51

Blue Kachina

Mine also.
When checking for updates, it's clear that Emby Server has been working too hard. 

The check goes to 200% before completing.

I think it's becoming obvious that I work my server too hard over the holidays, and I really should give it a break.

;) 

5a3d36fd57042_2017122210_58_20Dashboard.

• Solution

Hi, please shutdown the server and install from the website manually on top of your existing version. Thanks !

• Like 1

Hi, please shutdown the server and install from the website manually on top of your existing version. Thanks !

Thank you, the update seems to have installed properly now

Is this .net core?

BTW, I am remote right now and cannot easily shut down the server and install from the website. I'll leave it nagging me until then but will the server restart plugin cause issues for me?

Thanks!

ravingzeus

Hi

Just want to be sure to understand because I don'T want to wipe all my stuff

I need to download the setup.exe file from windows download on emby web page and install over my existing files?  Or there is anpother file to download somewhere instead of the setup.exe

Thanks to clarify

Hi

Just want to be sure to understand because I don'T want to wipe all my stuff

I need to download the setup.exe file from windows download on emby web page and install over my existing files?  Or there is anpother file to download somewhere instead of the setup.exe

Thanks to clarify

That is what I did.  I run windows, so downloaded the setup.exe for windows.  I stopped by emby server. ran the new setup.exe file which started emby server for me, but still requested a restart.  After that so far things seem good.

• Like 1

I've been using Emby for a good while now and never had any crashes but lately I've had some users messaging me saying the server is down, and I've come home from work a few times and it was down etc. I think it's due to the update process because today I noticed that there was an update pending (Update is 3.2.60. My server is currently running 3.2.36) and when I manually restart the server via the dashboard to apply the update, the server shuts down and doesn't come back up and I just get the spinning progress wheel until I manually restart the server and have it pop back up still running 3.2.26.

Any ideas whats up? Ill attach some of the more recent log files.

server-63649562420.txt

server-63649562097.txt

server-63649562219.txt

server-63649561948.txt

server-63649561869.txt

CBers

FWIW Luke, I only had 1 out of 6 servers, that I look after for friends and family, update on their own to 3.2.60.0 (from 3.2.50.0).

Three failed as they couldn't rename the system folder to system.old and the other 2 didn't see that there was an update.

I manually updated all 5, so now all 6 are running the latest Emby Stable release :)

On the github page, what's the difference between embyserver-win-x64-3.2.60.0.7z and embyserver-windows-x64-3.2.60.0.7z ?

Edited by Xorp

overClocked!

Something must have been holding a lock on their system folder.

That's what happened to me this morning. I also had to stop the ServerWMC service that was still running and after that, update was able to complete successfully.

So it's possible if anyone has this problem and has a plug-in installed that has its own service running, stop that also and then run the setup.exe.

No need to worry about the filenames on GitHub. Just follow the directions on the website and it will link you directly to whatever is needed. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

epayson85

I'm having the same everyone else is reporting... doesn't matter if I even copy the portable version over myself... any idea why this is happening?  The install will not finish.  I can't launch EMBY at all at this point.

Happy2Play

I'm having the same everyone else is reporting... doesn't matter if I even copy the portable version over myself... any idea why this is happening?  The install will not finish.  I can't launch EMBY at all at this point.

How about a server log.

epayson85

So again same problem as everyone else. It wouldn't update. I installed it from the website over my old install but now it doesn't start at all.

Happy2Play

This makes no sense to me as there is nothing to install if you are getting portable zip.   It is a simple delete and replace.  If you are unable to delete the system folder, Emby is either running or something is holding the folder.

So Luke's suggestion will always work unless you are running as service or run at startup.  If that is the case then you may need to temporarily disable these features or wait and ensure the task has died in task manager.

epayson85

Nothing is preventing me from moving that folder over. After I move it over if I try to run the server nothing happens. Is there anywhere I can download an older version?