Version 3.2.60.0 is now available for download?

nvader2000

nvader2000

This has been displayed in my Emby Dashboard for over 24 hours. I have restart my Emby server and my Synology NAS several times of the course of this 24 hour period and it still will not update.

Please advise.

There is no automatic update for Synology, you need to update manually just like it says. However in this case, the new update is not yet released for Synology. Sometimes the Synology build will run a day or two behind. Thank you for your patience.

Also just so that you're aware, there are other topics about this already and thus the information is already readily available to you via searching the community. Thanks.

• Like 1

solabc16

Hello @@nvader2000, All

There is a breaking change in 3.2.60.0 for users that take advantage of the ISO support natively available in the Synology/XPEnology package.

We are currently resolving this and will release the package as soon as the solution is available.

I expect this to be sometime over the weekend.

Being so close to the holidays, the last thing I want to do is push an update that breaks the system for a number of users.

Best

- James

Good day James,

Really the build 50 beta and as well 60, break the library scan for me, it stay at 71% something range.

Luke already know about the problem, do you need log or something to provide.

This not new, it was in some old build, but get solved before and it now return with some builds.

Test dome with or without plugins.

I really need new build badly, since now my sons using the emby server from the synology, hate to re setup back again to windows emby server.

My best

nvader2000

Any updates on build 3.2.60.0 release? Still not getting the update even though it tells me it is available. Also, are you say that Emby will now support ISO directly? If so, does this mean we no longer need to convert from ISO to say MKV containers?

solabc16

Hello @@nvader2000

We're just getting back to it now, following the break and have started testing the update to maintain ISO support.

It depends how you're setup and what you're trying to do.

The original reason I got ISO support working reliably, was so I could use the rich Emby UI and playback ISOs natively with an external player via Emby Theater. The additional content available with some media would have taken too long to decipher and convert into a streaming friendly format, never mind getting it to display in a reasonably coherent form in the UI. It certainly isn't warranted on all discs, but it was an unacceptable sacrifice in some cases when trying to apply a 'one size fits all' approach. There's probably some old threads kicking around on the forums discussing this.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

nvader2000

I simply rip my Blu-ray/DVDs to ISO using AnyDVD HD with "Keep Protection" unchecked. So if I am correct this should elevate any decryption requirements on behalf of Emby. 

With this would I be able to simply rip to ISO and simply copy that ISO to my Emby server?

You mentioned an external player? Would this be a requirement to play the ISO? If so, my Xbox One S has the Blu-ray Player app installed so that I can play the original Blu-ray disc when inserted into the unit. Would this satisfy that requirement?

nvader2000

Sorry I am a bit confused. Wouldn't the Emby server be considered an Emby app. Are you are referring to using only Emby apps with Emby server?

I do not use any other product to serve and play back media content. I am all Emby in my environment. 

solabc16

Hello @nvader2000 

To clarify, ISO support is available in all versions of the SynologyXPEnology package up to and including 3.2.50.0-1.

The reason for delaying 3.2.60.0-1, is that this version introduces a change that would break the existing ISO support, if we didn't address it prior to release.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54027-version-32600-is-now-available-for-download/?p=522760

Best

- James

nvader2000

Hmmm, ok does it take longer to load an ISO? I am trying to play The Polar Express from a decrypted ISO and it just sits there. Under the Dashboard I can seethe Emby Theater app for Windows trying to play. It gets up to about 4 seconds and then starts all over again.

Please advise.

Edited by nvader2000

Hmmm, ok does it take longer to load an ISO? I am trying to play The Polar Express from a decrypted ISO and it just sits there. Under the Dashboard I can seethe Emby Theater app for Windows trying to play. It gets up to about 4 seconds and then starts all over again.

Please advise.

It will require an external player in theater.

nvader2000

When you say "external player in theater" what qualifies? I have the Blu-ray play app on my Xbox One S and it does not play The Polar Express. same issue in my previous post in this regard.

Edited by nvader2000

I haven't played in ISO directly in years, so I'm guessing TMT or PowerDVD? I really don't know what programs people are using to watch iso's directly these days. Vlc might work too.

solabc16

Hello

PowerDVD would be a good choice, especially if you have UHD content. CyberLink and Intel appear to have worked together on getting UHD playback working pretty well. For now, at least, this method of playback is likely to take an upturn for UHD content.

Best

- James

Burrito78

Any ETA for this?

Maybe the line "Version xx is now ready for download" could be changed in the DSM Build to "Version xx is now released, check in DSM package center if its already available for Synology."?

• Like 3

+1

I really wish James when he have time of course to released the build more quickly than what it now happens.

The reason we want to help testing as well..

Big thanks for his work on this.

solabc16

Evening

The builds, if you look over the course of the last 12 months are usually available between 24-36 hours, sometimes sooner.

In this instance there was a breaking change and the release coincided with the Christmas/New Year period.

I was not prepared to release it and...

a ) leave the thousands of Synology/XPEnology users we now have with a broken system, at a time when it’s likely to be getting a lot of use.

b ) selfishly, not have to spend the Christmas and New Year break dealing with the issues this would have caused.

...there is nothing so significant in this release that it would warrant either of the above.

The release cycle for Emby Server is aggressive, but this means new fixes and features get turned around rapidly. However, in some (rare) cases, this may not work out to eveybody’s advantage. In those instances, you just need to be a little patient.

The updates to resolve the issues are now being tested with the 60.8 beta release, so expect to see a release shortly.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16