Chocolate EHS: recent items layout

Silver

Silver

Hi,

Firstly great job! MB3 is looking really rather good.

I'm running MBC with the Chocolate theme and have 2 questions regarding the EHS and the "recent items" section.

1. Is there any way to shrink the size of the "recent items"? I've found the setting in the config ("smaller recent list images") but ideally I'd like them even smaller than that. I vaguely remember you could set the size in the XML so that not only were the icons smaller, but the whole recent items section was also smaller to show more of the background - but I cannot find any details. I don't mind if the details displayed when you highlight an item are lost because of this reduction.

2. When you don't have an item selected, an icon of a hollow folder appears on the right hand side. In MB2 I'd use Xezners icons but with a custom background these seem redundant. As a result, I don't want an icon there at all, is there any way I can remove this? [EDIT] A workaround is a clear PNG 454x455 in size. A 1x1 pixel one doesn't seem to work. I've attached this in case anyone else wants it.

Thanks in advance!

post-2920-0-25870000-1394388349_thumb.png

Edited by Silver

spriggig

I agree that the thumbnails on the EHS in Chocolate are way too big. I messed around in the XML files I could find to no avail. If there is no way to change this currently, don't hold your breath for a fix. All development seems to be going to MBTheater--it seems like MBClassic was just a stop-gap.

If there is no way to change this currently, don't hold your breath for a fix. All development seems to be going to MBTheater--it seems like MBClassic was just a stop-gap.

Upon what do you base that observation?

Guest HenryWaxmansNostrils

I agree that the thumbnails on the EHS in Chocolate are way too big. I messed around in the XML files I could find to no avail. If there is no way to change this currently, don't hold your breath for a fix. All development seems to be going to MBTheater--it seems like MBClassic was just a stop-gap.

Don't you think your being a bit unfair . Ebr is constantly improving MBC and chocolate is my favourite theme. He's always more than helpful all you need to do ask. Regards Neil

• Like 3

As for this particular request, the recent list being very prominent on the EHS is kind of a defining feature of Chocolate so I don't plan to change it.  There are other themes that have different designs if you don't like this and there is also the option of not using the EHS at all and just using one of the standard views.

• Like 1

Silver

As for this particular request, the recent list being very prominent on the EHS is kind of a defining feature of Chocolate so I don't plan to change it.  There are other themes that have different designs if you don't like this and there is also the option of not using the EHS at all and just using one of the standard views.

Don't get me wrong, I like the recent items list - it's just that an icon that takes up half of the height of the screen (when on the small setting) just seems to be a little too big. Personally I could work with something 1/3rd smaller again and a list that takes over the entire width of the screen - but I understand why you don't want to make that an option.

Don't you think your being a bit unfair . Ebr is constantly improving MBC and chocolate is my favourite theme. He's always more than helpful all you need to do ask. Regards Neil

Thanks for that. As he has helpfully suggested, I will need to look at other skins if I want something less prominent.

yardameus

I even forget this sometimes, but not every request from every person is going to make it into a theme.  Even if it did (or could) there would be just as many people who were unhappy with it.  In the end it's still the theme designers choice as to how things are presented.  I think we get a little spoiled with all the developers being so accessible and open to suggestions.