Resuming TV Show jumps forward in time

icthusman1

icthusman1

So here is a weird one. I have a TCL Roku TV with the Emby (used to be Beta is it still??) app installed. My wife and I have been watching through the Simpsons (although I have seen this happen with movies and other shows) and if we don't finish an episode before turning the TV off, when we go to start watching it the next time it can start again either where we left off, 5 minutes further than we left off, or some other random amount of time forward. It never seems to go backwards, always forwards. It doesn't do it everytime, but just about.

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it? It really is annoying. Otherwise it is a great app.

icthusman1

Generally I think I would just turn the power off on the TV. I don't normally stop or quit the app, I just hit the power button on the remote.

Ok, we'll look into this. In the meantime the workaround is to stop the video by backing out and then the resume position will be saved correctly, thanks.

SmplyUnprdctble

I have noticed this as well.

TCL Roku TV.

I hit the sleep timer for 30 or 60 minutes and play a 23 or 45 minute show (because, well, if they had commercials, they'd be that length of time).

Autoplay will go to the next episode, but I will have more than 7 or 15 minutes at the Resume point the next night.  In fact, in the case of a 45m show, I am seeing the resume point is at 24m.

My guess is it has something to do with how much Emby has buffered to the TV. 

It's not affecting my viewing pleasure (I just say "restart episode" to fall asleep to -- and it doesn't affect me if I restart from 24m or 14m), but, I just wanted to chime in that I've experienced it.