Unable to Play Bluray Rip with VC1 Video and DTS Audio

gcoupe

gcoupe

I have Bluray discs of Doctor Who Season 5. These use VC1 for the video stream and DTS 3/2+1 for the audio stream. I have ripped these to MKV files using MakeMKV. The resulting files will play in WMC and WMP (LAV filters are installed), but will not play in the W8.1 App. The file opens and then playback stops immediately.

Here's what I think is the relevant section of the server log: http://paste2.org/ANBJyzOj

7illusions

Actually, the Playrequest is missing in the log, but looking at the ffmpeg command I think I know what's wrong and this will be solved in next version of the app.

• 8 months later...

I've had this issue for a long time in MBC using WMC. My understanding is that it's an issue with the set up of my SHARK007 codec pack. I've tried everything I can think of and can't ever get this combo of video/audio to work unless o set the codec to use 2.0 audio. I know this is not the right forum for it but if anyone has any advice on how to get this wok ring with 5.1 I would sacrifice a small goat to the diety of your choice. Or just be really grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk