Library Scan 20 mins Approx Version 3.2.36.0

joelang6126

joelang6126
Apologies I was away on business.

My read performance is well below yours!

5a575e4561ea6_Capture.png

post-83069-0-33272600-1515674835_thumb.png

Edited by joelang6126

PenkethBoy

hmm

your nas is configured as Raid6 with 9 disks - if a quick read of this thread is correct?

So the slow read values would explain why your emby scans are slow!

Those read speeds are about or less than a single disk

Ah just spotted your array is almost full with only 7% free - that would account for some of the issue as 10% or more is needed not to see a slowdown on QNAP Raid

Your write is a little low but thats probably because you are using WD Red rather than Red Pro/HGST 7200 rpm drives

Edited by PenkethBoy

joelang6126

Correct - Disk 10 will be added soon.

I can't understand why they are so slow tbh.

Ill clear up some space on the NAS above 10% or order another drive to see if it helps.

I can saturate the NAS by uploading from 4 PCs a get write speeds much higher than what the NAS is quoting.

PenkethBoy

full disks are always slow as you are reading from the slowest part of the disks (centre) rather than the outside which is usually the quoted speed for a disk

Also when Emby is reading its doing so from random locations not sequential which always kills any read speed - unless its an ssd which can cope better with random reads

some of the apparent faster write is due to caching in nas memory as you have 32 gig - i suspect if you upload from 4 clients with large (say 40 GB+ each) files at the same time you will see a significant slowdown

are you using port trunking for your clients i.e LACP?

[edit]

if you dont believe the Qnap DT then install "NetData"  https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=121518&hilit=netdata

1.9 is the latest version

Edited by PenkethBoy