Playlist problems

Kramerika

Kramerika

I am having two issues with playlists on the Shield TV and Fire TV.

#1  It only plays the first 150 songs on the Shield TV and Fire TV.  That seems to be the number on the first page for playlists over 150 songs. I tested in Windows where the page listing seems to be 200 songs, and it does the same thing (plays only the 200 songs on the first page).  How can I get it to play all of the songs in the playlist?

#2  Music playlists are randomly hanging the server.  It causes a gray screen, and the only way to escape is the menu key and then to force the app to stop.

I attached one of the playlists with more than 150 songs as well as the server log for a crash which happened between 19:00 and 20:00 on 12/18.  I forgot to send the app log, but I will do it the next time it happens.

playlist + log.zip

The interface is currently limited to 150 songs.  We can think about increasing that a bit but there needs to be some sort of limit.  I figured 8 hours of continuous music was probably enough :).

#2  Music playlists are randomly hanging the server.  It causes a gray screen, and the only way to escape is the menu key and then to force the app to stop.

Hanging the server or app..?  If it is the app, please note the exact time this happens next time and the name of the server you are connected to and post that in here.  

Kramerika

Is there a reason that it has to have a limit?  If I shuffle the songs, is it always shuffling the first 150 songs?  If there has to be a limit and it is always using the first 150 songs listed in the playlist, can you have it shuffle all of the songs on the list randomly first and then pull the first 150 from the shuffled list instead so that all of the songs on the list have the possibility to get utilized at random over time?

The app is hanging.  I'll send a log the next time it happens.

Edited by Kramerika

If I shuffle the songs, is it always shuffling the first 150 songs?  

No.  The shuffle happens on the server before the limit is invoked.

Kramerika

Today (Dec 25) it locked up the whole app to the point of having to kill the app around 4:20 and 5:35.  Logs sent via app for MediaServer.