Fire TV not playing video

mrhollywood360

mrhollywood360

Half way through watching a series, the videos would not play on the emby app. Comparing ones that do play and that don't the only difference is that the ones that do are using aac audio and the ones that don't use Dolby Digital+ stereo, which I believe is supported on Fire TV (Gen 2 to be exact). 

Even if not they should be transcoded instead of just outright not playing and timing out. I attached the logs from it not playing.

log.txt

Edited by mrhollywood360

mrhollywood360

I should also add that when I try to play them, emby (ffmpeg) starts using up a bunch of resources on my server and won't stop until I manually restart emby, which doesn't happen with any other transcodes.

mrhollywood360

hi, as a test, can you see if this file plays in the web app? thanks !

Plays just fine in the web app, as well as emby for kodi on Fire TV. Attached are ffmpeg logs for playing the file via web app.

webapp.txt

When you played it on the Android TV, subtitles were enabled and they would have been burning in but ffmpeg just stopped.

Your playback with the web app did not have subtitles enabled.

What happens if you disable subs in the Android TV app?

mrhollywood360

When you played it on the Android TV, subtitles were enabled and they would have been burning in but ffmpeg just stopped.

Your playback with the web app did not have subtitles enabled.

What happens if you disable subs in the Android TV app?

Playback via web app did have subtitles. I wasn't able to disable subtitles from the app because it wouldn't load, however I disabled them on the web app then played the same file on the fire TV. This worked, however I don't speak Japanese so this is still a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
mrhollywood360

I fixed it. It's a problem with the server, just go to "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf" and delete the "</blank>" towards the bottom (for me it was line 160). Everything seems to work now.

Thanks for the info. I think we might be relying on your system fonts config rather than supplying our own. I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

• Like 1