Adding tags to Live TV channels automatically

BeanTheaters

BeanTheaters

I want to have the ability for each user to access their own separate M3U link (or just tuner in general), and therefore their own channels within Live TV.  After doing some research, it looks like the best way to accomplish this is by tagging each channel and filter users to only have access to those tags.

My question is, within the source code, can I add the ability to, when channels are created, they are automatically tagged according to their own respective tuner, preferably by username?  With a list of 400 or so channels, tagging each individual channel is not feasible.  Not to mention, channels come and go quickly within my links.

My ideal solution would be to have, when the tuner is created, to add a field to correspond that tuner with a specific, or multiple, user.  If I can even just be directed to the function calls I need to look at, I'd be happy to try to implement this.

• Like 1

We're going to be expanding our channel management features very soon so perhaps you might be better off lending your energy into providing feedback with that and then you may be able to get what you need directly in the UI. 

• 4 months later...
TheKamakaZi

Hi Luke,

Have any of these channel management features been implemented yet? Just today I was thinking about developing a plugin that would provide a parser for m3u playlists to enable users to select channels they actually want displayed, as well as add/update metadata for the channels if missing, making the parsed list available to the standard M3U Tuner. It's been an annoyance for me to scroll through 100s of channels ever since making the leap to IPTV.

They are in the core, now it is up to the live tv plugin developers to implement, if they wish to do so.