Shuffle Pictures

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

Unless I am missing it in see no way to play all pictures in folder with a suffle option. It only plays them in order, seems like a simple thing that should exist.

daniel.bmyer

It all seems that you can't sort your albums in ascending or descending order.  I have my albums listed as 2016 - India, 2017 - Namibia and like to see the albums sorted by my last trip so descending order but you can only sort by date, name etc but not ascending or descending.  

It all seems that you can't sort your albums in ascending or descending order.  I have my albums listed as 2016 - India, 2017 - Namibia and like to see the albums sorted by my last trip so descending order but you can only sort by date, name etc but not ascending or descending.  

If you sort by Date, they should be descending automatically because that is what most people want as well.

daniel.bmyer

Hmm nope.  As indicated I have my folders setup as 2016 - India, 2017 - Namibia.  Whether I sort by Date or Name, I always get the album with the lowest number first, 2005 - Peru.

What's odd is the server has the option of descending or ascending.  Does that control it?  If  set the server to descending will that carry over to the Shield version of Emby?

Edited by daniel.bmyer

Okay, when you sort by date it is going by the date associated with the item in the file system (or metadata if set).  Not dates within the title of the item.

I'm guessing that all the folders were created (or added to the system) at the same time so it is just falling to the secondary sort of name (actually, sort title also in metadata).

The TV app doesn't have the separate Ascending/Descending selection for simplicity due to the fact you are navigating with a remote instead of a mouse and that 95% of the time we can predict this for each individual sort type.

We may add the option in the future.

daniel.bmyer

I'm a little unclear on what you are saying.  If I look at the folder, that last folder created was the 2017 - Namibia one.  I can see the create date.  The create date for the others are for older months/years.  If I look at the files within the folders, they also show the same thing, a later date.   What exactly should I be looking at?  If you tell me what to look for I can certainly do that.

daniel.bmyer

Just wanted to add one other item.  When browsing through the photos, if I click on a photo to view it full screen, you can't click the remote right side to move to the next photo.  I have to move down to bring up smaller images, move over to the next photo, then select it to make it fullscreen.  What the heck is that?  I can't click next on the remote while in fullscreen?  That's a most basic function.  As much as I like Emby, basic functionality like this is really frustrating.  Something like that should have been working on the very first iteration of viewing photos.

I downloaded the smugmug app for the shield and what a difference on how well it works for viewing photos on my smugmug site.  

C'mon guys, give it a little bit more attention.

Just wanted to add one other item.  When browsing through the photos, if I click on a photo to view it full screen, you can't click the remote right side to move to the next photo.  I have to move down to bring up smaller images, move over to the next photo, then select it to make it fullscreen.  What the heck is that?  I can't click next on the remote while in fullscreen?  That's a most basic function.  As much as I like Emby, basic functionality like this is really frustrating.  Something like that should have been working on the very first iteration of viewing photos.

I downloaded the smugmug app for the shield and what a difference on how well it works for viewing photos on my smugmug site.  

C'mon guys, give it a little bit more attention.

Hi.  This was a regression in a recent release that has already been fixed in the beta.

Thanks.

daniel.bmyer

Ok, good to know.  I'm making a lot of changes to my media and NAS folder structures and as I'm testing I'm seeing little things like this.  Is there a slideshow option?