Game controller for computer

Logos302

Logos302

Looking for an all around controller/gamepad for playing nintendo, sega, etc games on the pc.  I was thinking of an Xbox controller for the pc but I'm not sure that's the best choice any thoughts?

Redshirt

This is what I use. Unlike the Playstation controllers this one fits great in my hands.

game%20controller.jpg

• Like 10

Redshirt

Back on topic. I have three gamepads A Logitech Rumblepad 2 and a wired & wireless xbox 360 controller for PC. I'm not a fan of the wireless 360 controller because the range is garbage in my home. I have to lean forward on the sofa for it to stay connected to the receiver. I'm only 9-10' away from the receiver. 

For PC games I prefer the wired 360 controller  For retro games, NES SNES etc I prefer my Rumbepad 2. The N64 and Gamecube controllers just defy logic and I don't get a decent experience out of either the 360 or rumblepad controllers when playing those platforms.

LiquidFX

I personally just use my Xbox 360 wireless controller since I have a few of them, the girlfriend wants something with less buttons. I suppose I will just pick her up a retro controller for her NES and SNES games.

Ghostm

I use the wireless xbox 360 controller as well (still hoping someone one day will be interested in getting native 360 controller support for mbt like xbmc has, currently using xpadder to attempt to do this), i had a 3rd party knock off wireless receiver that kept loosing connection, so I finally bit the bullet and bought an official wireless 360 controller for pc and it came with a wireless receiver that works amazing. Although it did cost 50 some dollars. 

pmac

I use a wired 360 controller, and sometimes a PS3 controller. I'd prefer the PS3 control, but I found Motioninjoy's software to be unreliable, and seemed to be filling my computer with adware (at least it seemed like that's where it was coming from). If I could find a better PS3 driver, I'd use that all the time, but the wired 360 controller is very good, better than my cheapo Logitech something-or-other.

shaefurr

I use 4 360 wireless controllers with the wireless receiver. Works perfect plus the receiver has gone down to about $20 on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Receiver-Windows-Official-Pc/dp/B00E0OB7MW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1394817393&sr=1-1&keywords=360+wireless+receiver

I also use xpadder for browsing MBT and for games without controller support.

buddyweiser

I use 4 360 wireless controllers with the wireless receiver. Works perfect plus the receiver has gone down to about $20 on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Receiver-Windows-Official-Pc/dp/B00E0OB7MW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1394817393&sr=1-1&keywords=360+wireless+receiver

I downloaded XPadder to try it out, but is there a way to use your chatpad on 360 controller as a keyboard?

shaefurr

I downloaded XPadder to try it out, but is there a way to use your chatpad on 360 controller as a keyboard?

I think so far there's only been support for wired 360 controllers with the chatpad.

swhitmore

I've been using 2 Logitech F710 wireless gamepads for a few years now. I don't really have any issues with them. They have a setting that basically emulates a Xbox 360 controller, so any games that support that will work. I do get the occasional disconnect if I get more then about 4 meters away. They connect back straight away though.

I also use xpadder for mapping keys to it for games that don't support the Xbox 360 natively. 

Edited by swhitmore

Ghostm

Yea thats the official one, unfortunately being in canada by the time i got quoted shipping (30 some dollars) it was cheaper for me just to purchase the official controller/receiver bundle.

Still hoping at some point we can get native 360 controller support in media browser theater like xbmc has.

buddyweiser

I also use xpadder for browsing MBT .........

@@shaefurr do you have a xpadder profile for browsing MBT? I found this one for WMC and have not tried it yet, but I was wondering if you have written one for MBT specifically. http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=3208

Edited by buddyweiser

Cheesegeezer

Wired 360 controller all the way for me.  I bought a cyborg something or other and just couldn't get on with it at all what so ever!!!!

I also bought Pinnacle Game Profiler for customizing my buttons and setting profiles for each game and to allow you to map the 360 controller for older games which don't support 360 controller. You can also set up a desktop profile to use mouse for and also a WMC profile for controlling MBC with, i guess it would work with MBT also. Further more the software detects which environment or game in and auto loads the profile.  Love it really.

swhitmore

I remember trying Pinnacle and preferring Xpadder. I can't remember why though...

shaefurr

@@shaefurr do you have a xpadder profile for browsing MBT? I found this one for WMC and have not tried it yet, but I was wondering if you have written one for MBT specifically. http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=3208

As Scott said I use the WMC profile for now, havnt gotten around to making one specifically for MBT yet so it has access to the OSD or anything

trusselo

Yea thats the official one, unfortunately being in canada by the time i got quoted shipping (30 some dollars) it was cheaper for me just to purchase the official controller/receiver bundle.

Still hoping at some point we can get native 360 controller support in media browser theater like xbmc has.

ebay is much better on shipping for us canadians

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PC-Wireless-Gaming-Controller-USB-Receiver-Adapter-For-XBOX-360-D9-/400639861535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5d47ff231f&_uhb=1

under 9 dollars with free shipping (buy it now price, no bidding)

make sure to download driver v1.1 from microsoft site, as the built in windows driver v1.0 wont work.

Edited by trusselo