Remove Collection (not files)

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Hello,

I had a rouge collection in emby (my kids Barbie collection), so I removed all the collection IDs (and hit save), rescanned and ran the box set plugin.

However, the same 5 movies in that collection would not go away. And if I tried to delete the collection, I get the warning that all the files would be deleted as well.

I solved it by doing into emby' data folder/collections and removing the one item. But obviously I should be able to do that through the GUI.

Did I miss something? Or should that have cleared up on its own?

Thanks

Happy2Play

You only have to worry if you are using Legacy Boxsets/Nested Collections, if you are using Collections created in UI or via the Auto Boxset plugin only the Collection metadata is removed.  None of the media.

5a31be5c051c8_delete.jpg

Can you clarify legacy?

I have the collections in my media like in a single folder (not flat).

Example:

M:\kids movies\barbie collection\"individual movies"

That warning is not clear, to me at least. I have the collection IDs and use auto box set, but still organize the actual movies that way for ease of viewing in he file system.

• Solution
Happy2Play

If the collection.xml resided in "M:\kids movies\barbie collection" (nested/legacy), and you selected delete, it would delete all media.  If collection.xml resides in \data\collections folder it only deletes the collection metadata.

• Like 1

Thanks @@Happy2Play , all the collection.xml files are within the server data\collections folder. None in the actual collections. So i get that, however, maybe as an addition that delete confirmation box could have the file location that will be deleted (or an expanding down arrow with that information) just so a user could be sure of the action about to be taken. I am often hesitant of using emby to delete things as in this case (and I'm not a new user at all), where i am unsure of the actual consequence, so i resort to the file system.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks again,

Erik

• 7 months later...
MindBullet

Hey there,

I'm having the same problem. The collection just appeared without me doing anything. I deleted the files in the specified folder, rebooted the server and the collection is still there. After that I deleted the entire collections folder`, rebooted the server and it's still there. What would be the next step?

MindBullet

Hey there Luke,

I firstly only deleted options.xml, which didn't clear the collection from my emby homescreen. Then I also deleted boxsets.collection and collections.mblink

What led you to deleting files as opposed to simply using the buttons in the web interface? Nobody is testing the methods you chose.

MindBullet

What led you to deleting files as opposed to simply using the buttons in the web interface? Nobody is testing the methods you chose.

Thanks for the reply,

I deleted the collection from the 3-dot menu beforehand, as you advised, but it was still there. So that was the only exit I saw  :lol:

MindBullet

By collection you mean an individual boxset?

I think so, yes. I'm not quite sure what a boxset is, but on my emby homescreen it's showing an entry named "Sammlungen" = Collections and that's what I want to get rid off. The boxset would be the entries in that collection as I suppose? Yes. I deleted this entry successfully, but I don't want the collection tab on my homescreen, which was there all of a sudden

EDIT: Sorry!! I deleted it from the server dashboard - libraries, solved. Sorry for that misunderstanding

Edited by GodOnEmby

Happy2Play

Or there is a option to remove/hide them from the Home screen also.  User icon-Home Screen-uncheck "Display on home screen"

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hello, je me permet de relancer ce topic. j'ai testé la création d'une collection, mais maintenant je n'ai pas d'option pour la supprimer. il n'y a pas "supprimer" avec les trois point horizontale de la collection je peux juste la modifier. J'ai la dernière version 4.7 sur synology