Live TV Major Issues....

agterry08

agterry08

I hope this isn't beating a dead horse, I have skimmed over several articles about Live TV but none seem to pertain to me. Here is my issue:

When starting Live TV It has a studdery start meaning it will skip for a few min until it runs smooth. After that it will run for a while before just flat stopping. Sometimes it will go to just a black screen, sometimes it will loop the last 2 or 3 seconds of video go to a black screen and then play that last 2 to 3 seconds of video and audio. Other times I go to open something from the guide and it just never opens, I usually have to restart the EMBY service or reboot the server I would really like to get this running smoothly....my setup and HW is listed below.

HW

Emby running on Ubuntu 16.04 as a Gen 2 VM on Hyper-V on Server 2016 Datacenter

Allowed 12 logical cores and 16GB of RAM

Dedicated Physical NIC with a static IP

HD Homerun Prime with a provisioned CableCard installed

All devices are affected including

iPad air

Samsung Phones S7 S8+

Web interface also suffers the same issues.

I will post any configs, or debug information as necessary. I just need help getting this to run smoothly.

agterry08

I honestly have never had to debug Emby. Upon gathering this log file I notice a 404 error....not sure what that means in this context of transcoding. The log is much shorter than I thought it would be.

agterry08

So I updated it, and I tried to fire up the Live TV again this morning and, it won't start playing again. It was playing last night just fine. Also another problem to add here is that when I set a recording it never records. The library set to record to is shared out from the Hyper-V host, and mounted on the Ubuntu VM as a cifs share under the emby user account. I don't seem to have any R/W permission errors there, I'm just wondering if fixing one issue will fix the other here. I have attached the most recent transcode log. I also turned on verbose debug last night. 

MBTRANSCODELOG8_42.txt

Edited by agterry08

Recordings are failing due to lack of write access:

2017-12-13 10:33:37.450 Error App: Error recording to /Media/Recorded/TV Shows/How I Met Your Mother/Season 9/How I Met Your Mother S09E05 The Poker Game.mkv
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.50.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.87
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Media/Recorded/TV Shows/How I Met Your Mother/Season 9' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

When a recording fails it will keep retrying every minute until 10 retries when it gives up. During that time period with all those retries it will be opening and closing tuners which may create difficulties when trying to play.

What i would suggest is first solve your write access issue, and then i bet that will take care of everything. Thanks.

agterry08

Alright I have fixed the permissions issue, and am now showing that it is recording a movie from the HDHomerun. I will watch it and see if the issues persist. Thank you for assisting me in finding this problem...damned permissions....

agterry08

So i've gotten it to record, it starts sometime after the actual beginning of the show but it does record now. I am still having the issue with it skipping every few seconds, it is more stable than previously but still skips during live TV playback. I have attached the most recent transcoding log. 

TRANSCODINGLOG.txt