Emby Server login options (more than one?)

nvader2000

nvader2000

When I go to login to my Emby server I am presented with more than one Emby server, some with the alias and some with the actually server name that is hosting Emby. This a bit confusing and messy. How do  I clean this up so that there is only one to select?

The only time that I am not presented with the multiple servers is through the web interface. Here I am presented with a list of users to chose from.

Please advise.

I had a similar problem when I first changed my home network from 192.168.1.0/24 to 10.0.4.0/24 to 10.0.2.0/24. Each time the IP of the Emby server would change.

I ended up having to log into my Emby connect account from a computer to https://app.emby.media and deleting the old connections.

You may want to see if your Emby server is not getting the same IP address each time you boot it up. This could happen if you don't have a static IP address or a DHCP reserved IP address.

The other possibility is that you changed your home router out and have a different IP address for the device now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

it's not because your server ip address changed, it's due to uninstalling and reinstalling the server. the apps will see the new installation as a brand new server, so that's why you get a new entry added.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this on my Windows Phone, iPhone and Android as well as web.

@@nvader2000 are you saying this as if something is wrong? Did you read Ebr's response about removing the old server entries?