Emby only plays first few second of a song and then skip to the next song.

echoxxzz

echoxxzz

This just started since the last update because I have successfully played music on my iPhone and iPad but now all Emby does is play the first few seconds of a song than skips to the next song. 

Tested my Android phone and tablet and they work just fine so this has to be IOS issue and not related to the Emby Server config.

Edited by echoxxzz

echoxxzz

Update: All my music is in FLAC format so I converted a few songs to MP3 and those songs play fine on Emby IOS. Now I believe this has to be a transcoding problem.

echoxxzz

Rolled back the server to 3.2.36.0 and it plays ok. Seems to be broken in 3.2.40.0 and latest 3.2.50.0.

Only effects music library that needs transcoding. 

Tried all static ffmpeg builds since 3.2 and still broken so I don't think it's an ffmpeg bug.

Edited by echoxxzz

Are you sure it's transcoding the audio? Unless you customized music quality it should try to direct play flac.

echoxxzz

Yes it's definitely transcoding the FLAC files to AAC audio. Probably  because Apple does not support FLAC format.

The only viable solution is to roll back to version 3.2.36.0 of the server but I don't want to do that as the latest version fixes the incorrect bitrate problem I reported.

Edited by echoxxzz

echoxxzz

I played back the same album on my iPad on version 3.2.36.0 and 3.2.50.0 and have uploaded the server and transcoding logs from both versions. 

logs.zip