Local streaming bitrate limit (Mbps)

hooray4me

hooray4me

I would like the option to put a limit stream rate limit for in-network devices. We have several houses that have openvpn tunnels which make emby connections appear to be local to the emby servers; so the existing rate limit option won't apply.

• Like 2

mastrmind11

I would like the option to put a limit stream rate limit for in-network devices. We have several houses that have openvpn tunnels which make emby connections appear to be local to the emby servers; so the existing rate limit option won't apply.

Wouldn't setting the limit client side have the same effect?

Wouldn't setting the limit client side have the same effect?

Yes, but he wants to be able to override that at the server.  Effectively making it impossible for the clients to select a higher one.

hooray4me

We switch between 2 servers, depending on what we want to watch. The "truely" local server should direct stream... we want the profile on the other server to save our preferred stream rate so we don't have to manually change it each time we switch.

• 5 years later...

Old feature request but....:D

Would also like a more fine tuned option concerning the streaming bitrate for admins.

If a user chooses a lower quality setting I would like to be able to override that in order to avoid some unnecessary transcoding (because the user someday clicked it and it stayed that way for years because he never bothered again and now everything gets transcoded to 3MBps)). Maybe even have it on a per device base, like the users browser does not even offer quality settings and emby allways tries to offer max bandwidth an don mobile devices have the quaility options enabled.

Also an option to forcefully reset the quality options the user may have chosen once.

• Thanks 1