MBC not updating path to movie

JamesWMC

JamesWMC

I've been using MB3 now for a while and basically love it. I recently decided to try copying some of my movies rather than ripping them to avi's or mkv's. The old path to the file was \\<server>\movies\300 (2006)\300.avi. The new path should be \\<server>\movies\300 (2006)\Video_TS. The server had made all the expected changes and seems to work perfectly but MBC client is still trying to play the .avi. I tried completely removing the directory on the server by deleting it via metadata on the server (making sure the folder was completely gone from the server). I readded the folder and added in the new Video_TS folder. Server saw it and rebuild everything from scratch. Movie plays fine from the web interface and plays fine from the 'stock' movies deal in WMC just not from MBC. I can see the path in the new Aztec theme (which is very cool btw). It still shows the path above to the avi file.

What am i missing in MBC to get it to refresh with the new info?

Thanks!

James

"Video_TS" is a special folder name that means this is a DVD so we are probably interpreting it that way and attempting to play the containing folder instead (which is how you would play a DVD).

JamesWMC

When I play the movie I get the error "Windows Media Center cannot open the file". I can see plainly that it is still trying to open the .avi file that does not exist. To me it acts like that info is 'cached' someplace inside of the MBC client and is not getting refreshed with the new info.

JamesWMC

OK! The first movie i change from .avi to Video_TS has finally updated in MWC client. I have no idea why it took so long. Now on to try to get a Blu Ray copy to work correctly.

It sounds like the server had not yet scanned and noticed the change.  MBC does not cache any of this information.  It gets it from the server in each session.  Unless, you had never re-started MBC...