Shield TV Music Issue

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

Not sure where this problem belongs really, Nvidia Shield or Emby.

WHen playing music via Emby from my NAS which is hard wired, if I go to a diff app like weather on the Nvidia Shield, my music starts to cut in and out.  As soon as I go back to Emby, it plays normal.  Try going back to weather or even main menu and back to cutting in and out.

This can't be normal...never had this problem with Emby on my desktop..

daniel.bmyer

I think this might be in the wrong forum...should be Android TV...please move it if possible.  Just wanted to also add that as long as I stay within Emby I have no problems and the music plays fine.

I'm not able to reproduce this.  I just started music playback, then went to the home screen and browsed around in the Play Store and on YouTube but music continued in the background fine.

Does this only happen in this weather app you referenced?  Which specific app is that?  Perhaps it is using up all your network bandwidth or something but, if you tell me which one it is I can try installing it and test it.

Thanks.

daniel.bmyer

I only had emby running and that's it.  If I go to the home screen on Nvidia it starts getting choppy.  If I go into the weather app, same thing.

daniel.bmyer

I'm not able to reproduce this.  I just started music playback, then went to the home screen and browsed around in the Play Store and on YouTube but music continued in the background fine.

Does this only happen in this weather app you referenced?  Which specific app is that?  Perhaps it is using up all your network bandwidth or something but, if you tell me which one it is I can try installing it and test it.

Thanks.

Where is your music stored?  On the shield or on a nas?

daniel.bmyer

Just wondering if I can install Kodi on the Shield TV and use it with Emby Server to do some testing to see if the problem is Emby?

daniel.bmyer

Ok so installed Kodi and added the Emby add on however it's not seeing my server.  Can anyone assist here?

I have Embycon and the server address is set, port is set, but it's not detecting my emby server...

So rather than connect to the server I just used Kodi to play some music on my NAS.  Went to the main menu and it continued playing smoothly. 

So it does appear to me it's either EMby or Emby server...is there something that I can provide for troubleshooting?

Edited by daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

Ok figured it out.  In Emby I somehow had the audio output changed from Direct.  I noticed this when playing a movie and realized something changed.  Changed it back to direct and it fixed the problem.

Ok figured it out.  In Emby I somehow had the audio output changed from Direct.  I noticed this when playing a movie and realized something changed.  Changed it back to direct and it fixed the problem.

This fixed your original issue with the sound breaking up while in background?