Enable Subtitle Extraction as a Scheduled Task

Beardyname

Beardyname

So i was thinking, most of the new movies i want to watch in the web-client.has the subs in bedded in the file and therefore takes a while to get it all going.

Would it be possible to add a task to do this on a schedule? either that or in tandem with the library scan!

Thanks for considering!

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

+1 for this from my side, to add context to this -> adding a task like that would fix a major issue that rclone users (people that use cloud storage, for example google drive) currently experience.

If a web app user starts a stream it takes about 3-5 minutes till it either extracts the sub OR fails extracting -> goes into transcode mode with burned in subtitles.

a small test on a single series with "find . -name "*.mkv" | parallel ffmpeg -i {} {.}.default.srt" gave me the first subtitle track of about ~70 files in ~1 minute, i can only imagine how much faster it is for local storage.

Anyway, thanks for considering.

• 4 months later...
slicedmass

Gonna +1 this as I recently asked a similar question about subtitles. This request or some way to tell emby to default to an external srt file that is alongside the video file would also help.